Over the years, Barnet FC has continually worked to engage and support our community, firstly through our football club and now also through our trust - Barnet FC Community Trust (BFCCT). The Trust is a registered charity working in the community for the benefit of the community. All income is reinvested in the community and The Trust in the form of new staff, staff development and Trust resources. We support government initiatives aimed at youth, using football as a vehicle to deliver and reinforce important social messages, whilst raising performance and participation levels. Using a flexible and adaptable approach, the club can design courses to suit community needs, dependent on the local area.
The Barnet Community Trust’s ambition is to use football and sport to bring communities together. The impact that The Trust has amongst the fans of the club and young people is huge.
The aims and objectives:
- To work within our community for the benefit of the community
- To support government initiatives aimed at youth and the community, using Barnet FC as a vehicle to deliver and reinforce important social messages
- To be flexible and adaptable, designing courses to suit school & community needs
- To strengthen community cohesion and reinforce community identity
- Increasing the amount of people, particularly children, participating in sport
- Encourage people, especially children, to lead healthier lifestyles
- Using the club and sport as a vehicle to re-engage children in learning
- Create and develop programs to reduce youth offending
- To offer inclusive, positive activities to the community we serve
- To engage hard to reach members of the community
- Establish Barnet FC and its facilities as a community resource
- Deliver a range of training programs to produce qualified sports coaches, thus creating voluntary opportunities and employment
- To deliver workshops covering social issues.
The Barnet Community Trust has been at the forefront of offering local players the chance to get involved in local football events; the main technical programs which are offered to anyone from the community are the Soccer Schools and after school clubs. Progression from the Soccer Schools can lead to Barnet Coaching Academy and furthermore the Barnet Development Centre. Other programs are offered by The Trust.
The coaching team has carefully put together technical programmes that cover a wide range of football topics including control, passing, dribbling, finishing, heading, goalkeeping and match play. Our coaches use a variety of methods to allow children to learn, develop and improve at their own pace in a group environment. All programs allow for the inclusion of both boys and girls and of all abilities.
For more information visit the official Trust website by clicking here.