Skip to main content


21:38 13th February 2010


Barnet earned a point against Cheltenham Town by coming back and drawing level after going behind in the 20th minute by virtue of a great strike by Albert Adomah ten minutes before the break.
From the game in midweek Adomah and Jarrett were restored to the flanks with Dave Livermore replacing the suspended Mark Hughes in central midfield. Ryan O'Neill was at right back, with Kenny Gillet dropping to the bench.
From the first both Adomah and Jarrett were peppering the box with crosses and it was against the run of play that the visitors took the lead.
In the 20th minute Josh Low advanced down the left and his low cross fell to Matty Thornhill who had the simplest of tasks to knock the ball into the net from close range.
Barnet were jolted by this setback but gradually forced their way back into the game and after a few wayward attempts on goal by Adomah he finally hit the jackpot with a great shot from the edge of the box that found the top corner.
In the second period John O'Flynn had the ball in the visitors net but was ruled offside and it was O'Flynn who set free an advancing Adomah but the Robins keeper, Scott Brown, rushed out the nullified the danger.
Adomah looked to some have won the day for the Bees with another wonder strike, but the match officials remained unconvinced that the ball had crossed the line and play continued.
O'Flynn was now being partnered upfront by Adomah, Lee Sawyer coming on as a substitute on the right flank, and this pairing gave the Cheltenham defence a different set of questions to answer.
Not a classic by any means, but on occasions both sides managed to play cohesive football and open up the other's defences, the outcome, a draw, perhaps a fair result.
Joe Devera was again in excellent form at centre-back.
The Bees travel to Port Vale next Saturday.
David Bloomfield.
    Data provided by Press Association


    For the first 50 years of their existence, England played their home matches all around the country.