Premier League Primary Stars
Premier League Primary Stars uses the appeal of the Premier League and professional football clubs to inspire children to learn, be active and develop important life skills. Available to every primary school in England and Wales, it inspires girls and boys aged 5-11 in the classroom, the playground and on the sports field. Teaching materials cover subjects from English and Maths to teamwork and PE, with free to download activity ideas, worksheets, lesson plans, fun assemblies and exclusive videos.
Learning is connected to the real world of sport to enthuse pupils when tackling challenging PSHE topics such as resilience, diversity, self-esteem and fair-play. Bees in the Community staff have been delivering in schools since 2016 and working with teachers to deliver fun, educational sessions in a range of subjects within local partner schools. Our coach’s delivery is designed to help primary school teachers improve their confidence and skills in delivering PE lessons. We also deliver competitions that range from national football tournaments, to creative writing and reading challenges for reluctant readers.
Premier League values underpin everything on offer, encouraging children to:
Be ambitious - work hard and never give up on their goals
Be inspiring - set a great example to others
Be connected - work well with others and in a team
Be fair - treat people equally and think of others
Bees in the Community Physical Education is based on our four key values that all lessons must allow and include the following:
- Learning and Developing
- Challenging and Engaging
- Child Ownership and Responsibility
- Motivating and Inspiring
All of these values will be underpinned and allowed for by our coaching staff participating in stringent planning and evaluation procedures to ensure all PE and School sport activities we provide work to allow our values to be achieved.
The purpose of Barnet PE is to develop children who:
- Have the fundamental movement skills to underpin sport specific tasks
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the techniques, skills and tactics used in sport
- Work hard within lessons to achieve the lesson objectives
- Can make informed decisions and take responsibility for their own learning
- (KS2 Only) Enjoy and fairly participate in competition
The Purpose of Barnet Premier League Primary Stars is to develop teachers who:
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the techniques, practices and tactics relevant to the topic being developed
- Are comfortable with challenging and engaging with whole classes, groups and individuals to suit their needs
- Inspire and motivate students through their enjoyment and understanding of the importance of PE
- Have the ability and confidence to incorporate child ownership into their lessons
If you would like to find out more information about Premier League Primary Stars please contact Sian Osmond via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020-8381-3800 (Ext. 1042).