Curriculum and Extra-Curricular Support
Supporting to develop healthier, happier and physically literate children who can excel in the classroom as well as on the sports field.
Bees in the Community run a number of initiatives to support local primary schools. Our key aims are to:
- Develop pupil’s physical literacy levels ensuring they have the necessary skills to play any sport, not just football!
- Support teachers to increase their confidence in delivering PE
- Enhance pupils understanding of a healthy lifestyle
- Raise aspirations and increase pupil confidence, self-esteem & emotional wellbeing
Our coaches work daily across Barnet, Harrow, Brent & Hertsmere in various primary schools delivering sports such as football, futsal, tag rugby, volleyball and multi-skills.
We offer primary schools a variety of options and pride ourselves on being able to work around and meet the needs of individual schools. The delivery options available to schools are:
- Breakfast clubs
- Lunchtime clubs
- Full day of PE sessions (plus extra-curricular)
- Half day of PE sessions (plus extra-curricular)
- After school clubs
- BeeFIT School Support (Black & Amber Packages)
BeeFIT Schools Support
BeeFIT Schools is an innovative educational programme aimed at improving the attainment, attendance, behaviour and wellbeing of school children. This is done through delivery of active learning, physical engagement and achievement mentoring activities.
BeeFIT Schools is delivered in primary schools by specially trained members of the Bees in the Community staff.
Bespoke to each school we work with, and based on specific school objectives that are then monitored, evaluated and reported on at the end of the programme.
We will provide a specially trained member of staff to work in your school for between one and five days per week during the hours of 8am and 5pm. During this time, they are able to deliver a number of activities within their flexible and diverse role. These include a combination of:
- Extra-curricular activities (Wake up, Shake up morning clubs, After school clubs)
- Numeracy interventions (Active Maths)
- Literacy interventions (Premier League Reading Stars, Supporter 2 Reporter)
- Catch up sessions (literacy/numeracy)
- General Classroom Support
- Playground Animation
- Alternative Provision (sports leaders)
- Mentoring (improving pupil self-esteem, confidence, behaviour)
- PE Lessons (as PPA or additional support for teachers)
- Healthy Lifestyle Sessions
- Also, to provide one off events/opportunities for staff and pupils
If you would like to find out more information around any of our School Projects please contact Connor Lynch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020-8381-3800 (Ext. 1044).
BeeFIT Schools Packages
Alongside our PE delivery and after school sports clubs, we run a number of inter-school football competitions helping pupils develop teamwork, sportsmanship and, win or lose, to learn, grow, and be better prepared for life.
Our annual competitions are open to all schools across Barnet, Harrow, Hertsmere & Brent.
We also run two competitions in partnership with the National League Trust. The Cups are two six-a-side competitions for both mixed and girl’s year six teams. both culminating with the further opportunity of a Wembley final across the National League Play-Off weekend in May each year.
If you would like to find out more information about our Yearly Competitions please contact Sian Osmond via email at email@example.com or call us on 020-8381-3800 (Ext. 1042).