Barnet Football Club



Match Report: Wrexham AFC 6-0 Bees

The Bees suffered a heavy defeat at the Racecourse Ground – losing 6-0 to Wrexham in the Vanarama National League.


Wrexham took the lead in the 15th minute when Ollie Palmer won the ball off Reiss Greenidge inside the penalty area before calmly slotting it into the bottom left corner.


The hosts continued to press the Bees’ defence and called Jake Askew into action five minutes later when Reece Hall-Johnson played the ball to Jordan Davies whose fierce effort was denied by a diving save from the stopper.


Just before the half hour mark, the Reds scored a second when Ben Tozer’s long throw in was headed goalwards by Aaron Hayden who forced Askew into a reaction save.


Paul Mullin was first to the rebound and lashed it into the roof of the net from close-range. 


The Bees’ responded through a spell of pressure which saw Wes Fonguck lay the ball off to Reece Grego-Cox who fired into the gloves of Christian Dibble from distance.


Phil Parkinson’s side added a third on the stroke of half-time when Palmer took the ball under control in the box before playing it back to Davies who fired into the bottom right corner.


Ephron Mason-Clark went close to pulling one back just after the break as he burst forward with the ball before hitting the crossbar with a shot from 25-yards out.


Mullin looked to score his second of the night soon after when Palmer fed him the ball inside the box, only to be denied by a strong save by Askew who palmed it behind.


The Dragons found the net from the resulting corner as Young’s delivery towards the back post was met by Tozer who controlled it before shooting high into the goal.


Tozer’s long throw caused more trouble for the Bees in the 62nd minute as it was turned goalwards only to be scrambled off the goalline by Ross Marshall.


The hosts scored a fifth in the 74th minute when Liam McAlinden was found in the area from a wide delivery which he rolled across to Reece Hall-Johnson who tucked it home.


A sixth goal for Wrexham was scored in the 86th minute when McAlinden drove forward from the halfway line and forced Askew to parry his low strike back into his path to turn it in and round off a dominant display for the hosts.


Wrexham: Christian Dibble, Reece Hall-Johnson, Callum McFadzean, Aaron Hayden, Ben Tozer, Jordan Davies (Liam McAlinden 66’), Luke Young ©, Paul Mullin (Dior Angus 76’), James Jones, Max Cleworth, Ollie Palmer (Dan Jarvis 76’). Subs (not used): Lee Camp, Tyler French.


Goals: Palmer (15’), Mullin (28’), Davies (45’), Tozer (51’), Hall-Johnson (74’), McAlinden (86’).


Bees: Jake Askew, Teddy Howe (Jordan Thomas 67’), Ben Richards-Everton, Rob Hall, Ross Marshall, Louis Walsh, Ephron Mason-Clark ©, Reiss Greenidge, Wes Fonguck, Ryan De Havilland, Reece Grego-Cox. Subs (not used): Aymen Azaze, Adam Marriott, Sam Granville.


Referee: Michael Barlow.


Attendance: 8,678 (38 away).