Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

12 August 2017 Venue The Hive Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Preview | Luton Town (h)

11 August 2017

EFL Sky Bet League Two - The Hive -Saturday 12th August 2017 – KO 3pm


Team News: 

Jack Taylor has served his one match suspension following his red card at Forest Green Rovers. Richard Brindley his still out (foot) whilst Curtis Weston (calf) and John Akinde (knee) are recovering.

Last Time We Met:

The Hatters were 1-0 victors here at The Hive back in April. Olly Lee scored the only goal of the game in the 67th minute with a left footed shot from the centre of the box.

The match was watched in front of a crowd of 3,313, a figure likely to be eclipsed on Saturday.


Welshman Nathan Jones was appointed as John Still's successor in January 2016. A former coach and assistant-manager at Brighton & Hove Albion, Charlton Athletic and Yeovil Town, he was a player at Kenilworth Road in 1995 but left without making an appearance.

Jones spent a year in Spain before returning to the UK and playing for Southend, Brighton and Yeovil, making over 500 appearances. The 44-year-old began his coaching qualifications while still a player with Yeovil, initially coaching the Ladies team, and achieved his UEFA Pro-Licence in 2014.

In March 2016 Jones signed a new three-and-a-half year contract with the Hatters to tie him to the club until 2020. His first full season in the hot-seat ended with a fourth-placed finish and qualification for the League Two play-offs.


James Collins will be the one to watch for the Hatters following his summer move from Crawley Town. The forward scored 22 goals in his 51 appearances last campaign and registered 2 assists.

In last week’s 8-2 victory over Yeovil Town, he bagged a hat-trick and two assists and the Bees back line will have to be on top form to keep him quiet.


Midfielder Luke Gambin signed for the Kenilworth Road club from Barnet midway through January. The Maltese international made 124 appearances for the Bees, scoring 15 times and had progressed all the way through our youth setup before becoming a first team regular. Gambin was a part of our Conference winning side in 2014/15

Last Time Out:

Luton were knocked out of the Carabao Cup midweek at home to Championship side Ipswich Town.

A brace from David McGoldrick brought the Hatters back down to earth following their headline making 8-2 win. The match was a fairly even affair but the second-tier opposition showed their class to grind out a victory.

Luton: Stech, Cuthbert, Stacey, O.Lee, Cook (Mullins, 86), Shinnie, Rea, Mpanzu, Collins, E.Lee (Gambin, 74), Sheehan. Unused subs: Senior, McQuoid, Bakinson, Shea, Musonda

Matchday Arrangements:

The West Stand Bar and Pecking Order will be open from 12:30, both showing the live lunchtime Premier League game. The home ticket office will be open from 12:30 and turnstiles will open at 1:30pm (excluding West which open at 12:30)

Luton supporters can read this guide.

Ticket info:

Supporters can purchase tickets for the game here.

Keep up with the game:

Full match commentary from every game is available on iFollow. If you are based outside of the UK & Ireland, you can watch the game live on iFollow.

You can also get live match updates on Twitter throughout the afternoon. We are also on Facebook and will go behind the scenes on our Instagram.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Report | Barnet FC 1-0 Luton Town

12 August 2017

Barnet FC win it late against neighbours Luton Town thanks to a wonder strike from academy product Jack Taylor.

The Bees made one change from the side that beat Peterborough in the Carabao Cup, with Curtis Weston starting for the first time this season in place of Wes Fonguck.

Barnet were forced into an early change as Elliott Johnson could not carry on following a collision, replaced by Charlie Clough.

In the 7th minute, Akpa Akpro sent through strike partner Shaq Coulthirst but the pass was delayed too long and the latter was flagged offside.

Shortly after, Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu had a half chance, scuffing his effort wide of Jamie Stephens’ left post.

Stephens was called into action spectacularly in the 17th minute, tipping Dan Potts’ header from a corner on to the bar.

There was more injury woe for the Bees in the 34th minute. Harry Taylor took an arm to the face and, with blood pouring out, was replaced by his brother Jack. Harry subsequently went to hospital.

The first half was a cagey affair, with neither side on top but Barnet started the second half brightly, Campbell-Ryce flashing shot narrowly across the face of the goal.

Jack Taylor picked up a booking 8 minutes into the second half after taking one for the team and halting a Luton break away.

Campbell-Ryce tested Stech moments later, with a curling effort being tipped around the post.

68 minutes in, Andrew Shinnie delivered a dangerous cross which evaded all the onrushing Luton attackers.

With 20 minutes to play, Fonguck was brought on and almost made an instant impact. A pile-driver of a shot rebounded around the Luton area but was eventually cleared.

Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu caused the Barnet defence issues moments later with a good burst of pace with equally good trickery earned his side a corner which was eventually cleared.

McCormack put a late challenge in on Jack Taylor in the 81st minute but, following much deliberation, only saw referee Kevin Johnson show the Luton man a yellow card.

Shortly after the fourth official displayed four minutes of stoppage time, the deadlock was broken.

A long ball over the top was cleared only as far as Jack Taylor 25-yards out. He curled an unbelievable effort past the helpless Marek Stech and lifted the roof off The Hive.

There was to be more drama shortly before the final whistle. Luton committed 10 men forward for a corner with seconds left on the clock, including goalkeeper Stech. It was delivered in and Olly Lee got on the end of it, but Jamie Stephens was there again to fantastically palm it over the crossbar.

MOTM: Jack Taylor
Attendance: 3555

Barnet: Stephens, Johnson (Clough, 3’), Santos, Nelson ©,Weston (Fonguck, 70), Campbell-Ryce, Coulthirst, Tutonda, H. Taylor (J Taylor, 37), Vilhete, Akpa Akpro.

Unused: Ross, Akinola, Bover, Amaluzor.


Advertisement block

Advertisement block