Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 20:00 (UK)

17 October 2017 Venue The Hive Stadium Attendance

Kick off 20:00 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Preview | Mansfield Town (h)

17 October 2017

EFL Sky Bet League Two - The Hive London- Tuesday 17th October 2017 – KO 8pm

Team News:

Mauro Vilhete returns after missing the Notts County game through illness and should be available for selection.

There are still doubts about the fitness of Shaquile Coulthirst, so he may not feature against his former club.

John Akinde (hamstring) has made good progress and is showing signs of improvement.

Curtis Weston (knee) is still on the sidelines but is looking to be back in contention in the coming weeks.

Jamie Stephens (knee) is also still out of contention but is making steady progress towards being fully fit.

Richard Brindley (foot), Elliott Johnson (knee) and Dave Tarpey (knee) are all still recovering for their long-term knocks.


Last Time We Met:


Shaquile Coulthirst scored against Barnet in a 2-0 loss at The Hive London against Mansfield Town in the last fixture between the sides.

Ben Whiteman put The Stags ahead in the 37th minute, taking advantage of Coulthirst’s lay-off, he slotted the ball into the net from just outside the area 

Mansfield then won a penalty on the hour mark, Ricardo Almeida Santos brought down his future team-mate Coulthirst, who took the penalty himself and calmly placed the ball down the middle.


Manager: Steve Evans

Nine-time promotion winner Steve Evans was unveiled as the new Stags' boss in November 2016, following Adam Murray's departure, signing on a two-and-half-year-deal at One Call Stadium.

Born in Glasgow, he honed his skills as a striker with the Bolton Wanderers academy before going on to amass more than 150 appearances and over 40 goals playing for Clyde, Albion Rovers, Ayr United, Hamilton Academical and St. Johnstone.

Unfortunately, a knee ligament injury cut short his playing days and he stepped over to the other side of the white line as manager of non-league outfit Stamford, whom he led to successive United Counties League Premier Division honours.

Between 1998 and 2007, two stints at Boston United followed where he guided the Pilgrims all the way from the Southern Football League into the League Two.

Evans then took the reins of Crawley Town in 2007 and in the five seasons that followed he secured two promotions, a club-record points haul of 105 and a memorable FA Cup run in

the 2010/11 season, before being knocked out by Premier League giants Manchester United after a 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford.

The Scottish manager then added two more promotions to his portfolio between 2012 and 2015, as he masterminded Rotherham United's path to the Championship from League Two.

He parted ways with the Millers in 2015 and was subsequently appointed Leeds United manager.

The 54-year-old steered the Whites to a respectable mid-table finish and a fifth round FA Cup tie against Watford, where they bowed out after a 1-0 defeat.



Shaquile Coulthirst went on loan to Mansfield Town in 2017 from Peterborough United, making 20 league appearances and scoring five goals for The Stags. This was enough for The Bees to sign the striker permanently, where he’s gone on to score six league goals so far this season, including a hat-trick against Swindon Town, the first of his professional career.

Calum Butcher made three league appearances for Barnet in 2009 on loan from Tottenham Hotspur. After making his debut in a 1-1 draw against Bournemouth, he was later allowed to return to his parent club. After spells in Denmark and Scotland, he signed for Mansfield from Millwall in the summer of 2017.



Striker Danny Rose has become a real fan favourite at Mansfield since joining the club from Bury in May 2016. An impressive first season saw his bag 10 goals in 42 appearances across all competitions for The Stags, form that he has certainly built on this season.

So far, he already has seven goals in 11 league appearances this season and has also contribute two assists in the process, meaning he’s only two away from equalling his Sky Bet League Two tally from last season.

His most notable performance came at home against early pacesetters Notts County, where he scored a brace in a 3-1 victory.

With a keen eye for goal and the attacking prowess to back it up, Rose is certainly someone who should be on everyone’s radar on Tuesday night.


Last Time Out:

Mansfield Town lost 3-1 at home to Swindon Town in their last fixture, leaving The Stags four points adrift of the playoff places.

Swindon struck early through Amine Linganzi after comfortably prodding home a free-kick from Matty Taylor. They doubled their lead just before the break when John Goddard broke down the left, finishing from close range.

Right-back Hayden White then gave away a penalty early in the second half when he fouled Luke Norris. He stepped up himself and slotted the ball home to give The Robins a 3-0 lead.

Danny Rose got what turned out to be a consolation goal in stoppage time, scoring an impressive acrobatic volley to at least give the Mansfield fans something to cheer about.

This leaves Mansfield with three defeats in four, sitting 11th in the table. Swindon, however, climbed to 8th, leaving them a point behind Coventry and the final playoff place.


Ticket info:

Supporters can find out more about tickets details here.


Keep up with the game:

Full match commentary from every game is available on iFollow. If you are based outside of the UK & Ireland, you can watch the game live on iFollow.

You can also get live match updates on Twitter throughout the afternoon. We are also on Facebook and will go behind the scenes on our Instagram.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Report | Barnet FC 1-1 Mansfield Town

17 October 2017

Barnet and Mansfield shared the points in a scrappy game at The Hive London, Shaquile Coulthirst scoring a late equaliser after Calum Butcher’s first-half strike.

Both Barnet and Mansfield went into the Tuesday night fixture off the back of defeats, 2-1 against Notts County and 3-1 against Swindon respectively.

It was Barnet who had an early chance, Jamal Campbell-Ryce shooting from 25 yards, which Stags keeper Conrad Logan did well to save.

The Bees had most of the possession in the first quarter, with 62% of the ball. Coulthirst had the only other chance, a near carbon copy of Campbell-Ryce’s strike, but it just whistled past the post.

Alex MacDonald had the first real chance for Mansfield in the 21st minute, cutting inside and shooting on his left, forcing a fine save from Craig Ross.

Mansfield won a free kick just outside the area after Ricardo Almeida Santos’ foul after 32 minutes, Kane Hemmings shot low and hard but just missed the target.

Mal Benning picked up an early booking for tripping Vilhete, allowing Ross to pump the ball towards the box, winning a throw-in near the right-hand corner flag. From the resulting throw, the ball made its way out to Wesley Fonguck, his volley nearly caught Logan out after he spilt the ball.

David Tutonda created some space for himself in the 41st minute, snapping a ball across the box looking for a killer touch, but it couldn’t find a Barnet shirt. They nearly took the lead soon after though, A free header for Charlie Clough from the resulting corner was just wide of the mark after a lovely floated cross in by Vilhete.

Mansfield got the last chance of the half from a free kick, Simeon Akinola picking up a booking in the process. The ball was sliced by MacDonald, but his shot turned cross found Calum Butcher who placed it into the bottom corner.

However, the referee was reluctant to blow his whistle and Barnet picked up a free-kick in a similar position to the Stags’ seconds earlier. Campbell-Ryce played it in, but it was punched away by Logan, bringing the half to an end.

The start of second half was as scrappy as the first, with free-kicks being given all over the pitch, David Mirfin picking up a booking after 49 minutes. The resulting free-kick led to a Mansfield counter-attack, but Campbell-Ryce was there to intervene before Danny Rose has the chance to shoot.

Logan was caught back peddling when Vilhete’s cross looked to be destined for the goal, but he just managed to turn it around for a corner to spare his embarrassment.

Another free-kick and another booking in the 53rd minute, this time for Paul Digby, gave the Bees a chance to get the ball into the box. Campbell-Ryce lofted the ball in towards the far post, but the Stags managed to clear their lines.

It seemed destined to be a game where set pieces would be the deciding factor, with corners and free-kicks being awarded constantly throughout the game. Whether it be Vilhete’s corners or Campbell-Ryce’s free-kicks, Barnet couldn’t seem to capitalise on the opportunities they were given.

Will Atkinson was booked for a foul on Akinola in the 63rd minute, the fourth yellow card of the evening in just over an hour.

Vilhete looked like the main threat for Barnet, and his short corner to Jack Taylor produced their best chance of the half so far. A lovely ball in just couldn’t find a man in black and amber and resulted in a Mansfield free-kick.

Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro was introduced and gave Coulthirst the chance to bring Barnet back into the game in the 72nd minute. Through on goal, his shot towards the far post was just wide. If it was on target, Stags keeper Logan was well beaten.

Mansfield nearly doubled their lead with a rare chance in a Barnet dominated half, Kane Hemmings turned the defender and his shot was well saved by Ross. Jack Taylor had a half chance when his cross nearly crept in over the head of Logan.

Barnet were pushing all half and they got their deserved equaliser in the 85th minute, Fonguck’s initial effort was only parried by Logan, but Coulthirst was the fox in the box to score his first goal since returning from injury.

As the game pushed into four minutes of stoppage time, Barnet looked to be the only side trying for a winner. Akpa Akpro drilled the ball across the area, but could only find a Mansfield defender. A great save by Logan denied Clough late on, who also met the ball from the resulting corner, but he headed wide with the last chance of the game.

A game filled with hard tackles, half chances and harsh words, Barnet will be pleased to have earnt a point but would’ve felt like they could’ve got more late on.

Attendance: 1262 (223 away)

BARNET: Ross, Clough, Santos, Nelson, Campbell-Ryce (66’ Akpa Akpro), Coulthirst, J. Taylor, Tutonda, Akinola (77’ Mason-Clark), Fonguck, Vilhete.

Unused: McKenzie-Lyle, Bover, H. Taylor, Shomotun, Blackman.


Advertisement block

Advertisement block