Barnet face Hyde at The Hive on Saturday at 3pmIntroduction
• Barnet put their unbeaten record on the line once more when they face Hyde FC at The Hive on Saturday.
• The Bees extended their unbeaten run to five with a 0-3 win over Braintree Town on Bank Holiday Monday.
• By contrast Hyde have yet to pick up a win in the Skrill Premier, securing just two draws.
• Last time out they were beaten 0-1 at home against Grimsby Town who currently sit fourth in the table.
• Hyde have conceded 15 goals in just five games compared to the Bees who have conceded two.
• They do however average a goal a game, scoring five so far, so David Stephens and co will need to stay focussed to keep a fourth clean sheet.
• Elliot Johnson and Luisma Villa missed Monday’s win over Braintree but both could return to face Hyde.
• Roberto Casabella also missed out but he is expected to return to the starting line-up.
• Harry Crawford could also keep his place in Edgar Davids’ starting XI after impressing in his first start of the season.
• Hyde FC originally formed in 1885 before becoming Hyde United in 1919 after recommencing following the end of World War I, they changed their name back to Hyde FC in 2010.
• Hyde’s stadium is called Ewen Fields, it has a capacity of 4,073 and they share it with Manchester City’s Academy side.
• The club’s top goalscorer is Pete O’Brien who notched 247 goals for the club.
• Hyde are currently managed by Scott McNiven.
• McNiven enjoyed a 16-year playing career with the likes of Oldham Athletic, Oxford United, Fleetwood Town and Morecambe.
• His father and twin brother, both called David, were also professional footballers with the former playing for Leeds United, Bradford City and Blackpool and the latter playing for Southport, York City, Oldham Athletic and Hyde.
• He played with his brother for Hyde before becoming joint player-manager with Steve Halford following the departure of Neil Tolson.
• Gary Lowe replaced him before the start of the 2011/12 season but in May 2012 he was appointed as full-time manager after Lowe resigned.
Last time out
26 August 2013
Braintree Town 0-3 Barnet
Barnet: Stack; Yiadom, Stephens, Acheampong (Mengerink 45), Brown; Weston, Byrne (Abdulla 77), Crawford; Marsh-Brown (Vilhete 80), Hyde, Gambin.
Subs: Saville, Jupp, Mengerink, Vilhete, Abdulla.
Goals: Marsh-Brown 46, Byrne 72, Hyde 90.
26 August 2013
Hyde 0-1 Grimsby Town
Hyde: Carnell, Brizell, Griffin, Ashworth, Dennis, Tomsett, Poole (Hughes 64), Brown (Carlton 77), Spencer, Collins (Mainwaring 58), Almond.
Subs: Blakeman, Hughes, Maonwaring, Moses, Charlton.
• The match will kick-off at The Hive at 3pm.
• Shuttle Bus services will be in operation departing from Barnet Lane at 12.00, 13.00 and 14.00