All the news, stats and information ahead of Barnet's trip to York City
• Barnet Football Club make the long trip north on Saturday to face York City hoping to build upon a well deserved point against Port Vale.
• That point saw the Bees rise out of the relegation zone at the expense of Aldershot Town and a win on Saturday could see York dragged into the mix as they sit just eight points away from safety in 17th.
• Both clubs drew their previous fixture 0-0, as mentioned before the Bees dominant display against Vale ended scoreless, as did City’s midweek match against Gillingham.
• Bondz N’Gala, Dani Lopez and Chiro N’Toko could all make their debuts against York City after joining the club on Friday.
• Lopez and N’Gala have both joined on loan for an initial month from Stevenage whilst N’Toko has signed on until the remainder of the season.
• Craig Beattie could also make his debut for the club after joining on Monday but Harry Crawford will not feature after joining Dartford on a one-month loan deal.
Barnet Football Club
• Ricky Holmes will be unavailable after being ruled out for the remainder of the season following a re-occurrence of a foot injury.
• Liam O’Brien will also be missing as he continues to recover from a groin injury that was picked up whilst on loan with Hastings United.
• Dani Lopez, Bondz N’Gala, Craig Beattie and Chiro N’Toko have all travelled to York City and could make their debuts.
• Michael Rankine could make his second start in a week after rejoining the club on loan from Aldershot Town on Tuesday.
• The Minstermen also signed midfielder John McGrath on loan earlier this week from Burton Albion and he is expected to start after impressing against Gillingham on Tuesday.
• York City are managed by former Nottingham Forest player and European Cup winner Gary Mills.
• Due to an injury to Trevor Francis, Mills started in the 1980 European Cup final win over Hamburger SV which made him the youngest player to appear in a European Cup final.
• York play their home games at Bootham Crescent, the capacity is 7,872.
• After defeats in the 2009 FA Trophy Final and the 2010 Conference National play-off Final, York finally recorded a victory at the new Wembley against Newport County in the 2012 FA Trophy Final.
• The club returned to Wembley for the 2012 Conference National Play-Off Final and they were victorious once more as Matty Blair scored the winner in a 2-1 victory over Luton Town.
• Barry Jackson holds the record for York City appearances having played 539 matches for the club, former defender Andy McMillan comes second having played 492 matches.
•Norman Wilkinson is the club's top goalscorer with 143 goals in all competitions, he also holds the club record for goals scored in the league (127) and FA Cup (16).
Last time out
Saturday 9 February 2013
Npower League Two
Barnet 0-0 Port Vale
Barnet: Stack, Fuller, Johnson, Stephens, Iro, Byrne, Yiadom, Oster, Davids (Weston 81), Nurse, Sekajja 74), Hyde (Crawford 84).
Subs not used: Cowler, Brown, Kamdjo, Lee.
12 February 2013
Npower League Two
York City 0-0 Gillingham
York City: Ingham, Parslow, Fyfield, O’Connell, Obeng, Kerr, Blair, Challinor (Rodman 76), McGrath, Chambers (McLaughlin 81), Rankine.
Subs not used: Musselwhite, Allen, Potts,Walker, Everson.
25 August 2012 – Barnet 1-3 York City
• York City picked up their first win back in the Football League as they secured a 1-3 win over Barnet at Underhill. The away side raced into a 2-0 lead as Ashley Chambers added to Daniel Parslow’s seventh minute opener after just 16 minutes. Jon Nurse, who was later withdrawn with a neck injury, pulled one back after 30 minutes but Michael Coulson added a third for York seconds before half-time.
Barnet Football Club: O’Brien, Fuller, Brown, Fortune, Saville, Byrne, Yiadom, Edgar (Hyde 60), Weston (Lowe 90), Nurse (Lee 65), Holmes.
Subs not used: Cowler, Kamdjo, Abdulla, Warren.
Goal: Nurse 30.
York City: Ingham, Oyebanjo, Blanchett (Fyfield 57), Smith, Parslow, Doig, Smith (Bullock 90), McLaughlin, Walker (Blair 90), Chambers, Coulson.
Subs not used: Musselwhite, McReady, Potts, Challinor.
Goal: Parslow 7, Chambers 16, Coulson 45.
• Barnet have faced York City 13 times in total, they have won five, lost seven and just one encounter has ended in a draw.
• That draw came almost 20-years ago on the 20 November 1993 in the Football League Division Two. Steve Bushell got the goal for the home side with Kelly Haag on target from the spot for the Bees.
• There have been 48 goals scored in the 13 matches between the two sides including a nine goal thriller at Underhill on 28 August 1999. Frazer Toms, Scott McGleish, Greg Heald, Darren Currie, Rob Sawyers and Ken Charlery got the goals for the Bees with Mark Atkins and Barry Conlon (2) notching for the Minstermen.
Last six meetings (League Two unless stated)
25 August 2012 Barnet 1-3 York City
1 March 2005 York City 2-1 Barnet (Conference)
23 October 2004 Barnet 4-0 York City (Conference)
13 January 2001 Barnet 2-0 York City
28 August 2000 York City 1-0 Barnet
29 January 2009 York City 1-0 Barnet
Overall record v (all competitions) W 5 D 1 L 7
• Saturday’s referee will be David Coote.
• Coote began refereeing at a young age progressing at pace through the Notts Alliance, the Northern Counties East League, Evo-Stik League and Blue Square North leagues before being promoted to the League List as an assistant in 2006.
• He ran the line in the FA Vase final at Wembley in 2009, in which Whitley Bay defeated Glossop North End 2-0 and returned to Wembley twice in 2010 for the FA Cup semi-final (fifth official) and the FA Trophy final (assistant).
• He is a National List Level One referee, a Level Four referee tutor and in December 2012 he became Manchester FA’s Referee Development Manager.
• Mr Coote will be assisted by Ken Haycock and David Plowright, the fourth official will be Paul Marsden.
• The weather forecast for Saturday’s match is for white cloud with maximum temperatures reaching 7C.
• For all the relevant travel information please click here
to view the Reckless Guide to York City.
• Information for the match tickets and for official club travel can be viewed by clicking here