All the news, facts and stats ahead of tonight's match against Hitchin Town
Hitchin Town Match Preview
• Barnet travel to Hitchin Town on Tuesday night hoping to get back to winning ways after losing 1-4 to MK Dons at The Hive on Saturday.
• The Bees are expected to make changes for the match which is their penultimate fixture of pre-season.
• So far this pre-season the Bees have won three against St Albans City, Hemel Hempstead Town and Hendon FC and lost two against Ipswich Town and MK Dons.
• Following Tuesday’s match the Bees will look ahead to their final pre-season match against AEL Limassol at The Hive.
• Tickets are buy one get one free but the offer expires at midnight on Friday so make sure you pre-book to avoid missing out.
• Hitchin Town were formed in 1928 as the Canaries, they compete in the Southern Football League’s Premier Division.
• Hitchin have been based at Top Field since their foundation. Their most recent honour was the Southern League Division One Central Play-Off title in 2010/11.
• The original Hitchin club, Hitchin FC, were formed in 1865 and they took part in the inaugural FA Cup competition in 1871/72 reaching the quarter-finals before losing to runners-up Royal Engineers.
• In 1905 Hitchin beat Chelsea 3-2 to become the first away team to win at Stamford Bridge, they turned professional soon after but folded in 1911 due to financial difficulties.
• In 1928 Hitchin Town FC were formed and they took part in the Spartan League, their first season was a success as they were promoted and also won the Herts Charity Shield.
• For a comprehensive guide to Hitchin Town FC’s history visit the history section of the website.
•Town manager Mark Burke has been at the club for over 25-years.
• He first arrived as a youngster in the summer of 1985 following a pro career with QPR and Luton Town.
• He went on to become one of Hitchin’s greatest players making over 700 appearances for the Canaries.
• He also captained the side and he led them to a FA Cup shock when they beat Hereford and Bristol Rovers.
LAST TIME OUT
27th July 2013
Barnet 1-4 MK Dons
27th July 2013
Hitchin Town 0-5 Stevenage
• Tuesday’s match will kick-off at 7.45pm
• Ticket prices are as follows: Adults £10, Concessions £6 and Under-16s £2.
• The weather forecast for Tuesday’s match is for sunny intervals with maximum temperatures reaching 19C.