All the stats, team news and records ahead of Saturday's match at Underhill
• Barnet host Morecambe on Saturday looking to bounce back from a 2-1 defeat at Home Park last weekend.
• The Bees' four match unbeaten run came to an end as Plymouth Argyle secured the points last time out.
• Jake Hyde could return to action after coming off at half-time during that defeat.
• Loanee Ross Jenkins could make his Barnet debut. The midfielder scored on his League Two debut earlier this season for Plymouth against Saturday’s opponents Morecambe.
• The Shrimps warmed up for their visit to Underhill in emphatic fashion by beating Rochdale 3-0 last weekend.
• Last time out against the Bees they were also victorious as they secured a 4-1 win at the Globe Arena in November.
• Just six points separate the bottom nine clubs in Npower League Two. Dagenham and Redbridge are 16th with 42 points, five ahead of the Bees, with AFC Wimbledon bottom on 36.
• Barnet and Morecambe have met 19 times. The Shrimps hold the edge with seven wins to Barnet’s six with six matches ending level.
• The sides first met on Tuesday 11 September 2001 at Christie Park where the home side secured a 1-0 win courtesy of a Robbie Talbot effort.
Barnet Football Club
• Jake Hyde, Jon Nurse and Craig Beattie are all recovering from injuries well and are in contention to feature on Saturday.
• Ishmail Kamara could also feature after missing the majority of the season with a shoulder injury which he suffered on his Barnet debut.
• John Oster is progressing well but it is too early for him to return.
Morecambe (Not their previous opponents Rochdale)
• Andy Parrish (thigh) is the visitors only doubt.
• Jordan Burrow could feature after scoring a brace in a reserve win over Tranmere Rovers earlier this week.
• Morecambe Football Club was formed in 1920.
• From 1921 they played their home matches at Christie Park before moving to the Globe Arena in 2010.
• In 2007 they were promoted to the Football League for the first time in their entire history when they beat Exeter City 2-1 at Wembley.
• Manager Jim Bentley was part of that side who clinched promotion and he made over 300 appearances for the club before taking the big job in May 2011.
• His first match in charge of the Shrimps was against Barnet and the Bees spoiled the party as they secured a 1-0 away win.
Last time out
2 March 2013
Npower League Two
Plymouth Argyle 2-1 Barnet
Barnet: Stack, Fuller, Kamdjo (Weston 54), Johnson, Stephens, N’Gala, Byrne, Yiadom (Allen 76), Davids, Lopez, Hyde (Gambin 46).
Subs not used: Barnes, Brown, N’Toko, Vose.
Goals: Hyde 33.
2 March 2013
Npower League Two
Morecambe 3-0 Rochdale
Morecambe: Roche, Fenton, Haining, Wright, McCready (Doyle 90), Drummond, Fleming (Burrow 77), Alessandra, Williams, Holroyd (Ellison 55), Redshaw.
Subs not used: Arestidou, Threlfall, Parkinson, Mwasile.
Goals: McCready 9, Ellison 60, Fleming 63.
10 November 2012 - Morecambe 4-1 Barnet
Morecambe breezed past Barnet with a 4-1 win at the Globe Arena. Kevin Ellison opened the scoring with six minutes played when he cut in from the right and fired past Stack before Gary McDonald played in Andy Fleming who made it 2-0. The Shrimps had to wait 71 minutes before adding a third when Barry Fuller’s foul on Lewis Alessandra allowed Richard Brodie to slot home from the spot with nine minutes remaining. Brodie grabbed his second and Morecambe’s fourth five minutes later after a Krystian Pearce handball gave the home side a second penalty. Jon Nurse added a consolation in added time to make it 4-1 at the final whistle.
Barnet Football Club: Stack, Fuller, Kamdjo, Johnson (Lowe 73), Stephens, Pearce, Byrne, Yiadom, Edgar (Nurse 46), Davids, Hyde.
Subs not used: Cowler, Fortune, Lee, Weston, Allen.
Goal: Nurse 90.
Morecambe: Arestidou, Fenton, Mustoe, Wright, McCready, Drummond, Fleming, McDonald (Mcgee 87), Alessandra (Reid 83), Brodie, Ellison (Burrow 77).
Subs not used: Jones, Parkinson, Parrish, Doyle.
Goal: Ellison 6, Fleming 10, Brodie 81 (pen) 86 (pen).
Last six meetings
10 November 2012 Morecambe 4-1 Barnet
17 March 2012 Barnet 0-2 Morecambe
6 August 2011 Morecambe 0-1 Barnet
19 March 2011 Barnet 1-2 Morecambe
25 September 2010 Morecambe 2-2 Barnet
23 January 2010 Morecambe 2-1 Barnet
Overall record v (all competitions) W 6 D 6 L 7
• Saturday’s referee will be Mr James Adcock
• He has taken charge of 27 games so far this season and shown 72 yellow cards and one red. One of those dismissals came on Tuesday when Doug Loft was sent off in Port Vale’s goalless draw with Bradford City.
• The 28-year-old came through Derbyshire’s Midland Regional Alliance League and was recently fourth official in the JPT Northern Area final first-leg despite it being just his second season as a National List referee.
• Mr Adcock will be assisted by Steven Plane and Derek Eaton, the four official will be Gary Evetts.
• Ticket information can be found by clicking here.
• Saturday’s weather forecast is for grey cloud with maximum temperatures reaching 6C.
• Due to the tube upgrade plan your journey may need to be altered so plan your route in advance by visiting www.tfl.gov.uk.
Match sponsors by John Antoniou
Once again we have a busy Directors’ Lounge and I’m pleased to introduce Michael Ayres and Robbie Francis from EPOSability as our Match Sponsor who are specialist in EPoS, Wireless and IT Retail Services. They provide best of breed software, hardware and support for pubs, cafés, restaurant, bike shops and high street retailers. EPOSability are proud to be providing a managed wireless service to “The Hive London”.
Whether its EPoS, Wireless, IP CCTV or Retail Software - call 01923 728 095 for free consultations. www.EPOSability.com
Today’s Programme Sponsor is Angus "Flairso" Macdonald who is celebrating his 29th birthday with Mottingham FC team mates Willso Turner, Chris "Millsy" Millard, Ahmir "Khanage" Khan, Twinkletoes Turrent and Fancy Dave Anderson. Flairso sits in the South Stand at Underhill with dad Malcolm and together they are home sponsors of Graham Stack. Everyone at Mottingham FC (and Barnet FC) wishes Flairso a very happy birthday at Underhill today and I’m reliably informed the celebrations will continue later this evening with the lads at the Bavarian Beerhouse. Cheers from all of us, Flairso!!
Hello to our Ball Sponsors, Malcolm Alcock and guests, with his brothers, cousins and their wives. They come to celebrate Barnet’s last season playing at Underhill and Malcolm’s special birthday. The Alcock and Addinall families are avid Barnet supporters and it is in the mid to late forties when cousin Alan first recalls coming to Underhill with his father Bobby to watch the Bees and players like Powell, Bunker, Phipps. Malcolm and his wife Alison still attend home and numerous away matches.
No strangers to Underhill are the guests from Old Fold Manor Golf Club who are also today’s Ball Sponsors. OLD Fold is a well-established private members club situated off Hadley Highstone in High Barnet. The Club celebrated its centenary in 2010 and has hosted a number of prestigious competitions in recent years such as; Open Championship Regional Qualifying, The English Seniors Championship, English Girls Championship, Virgin Atlantic National Pro Am and a host of County Events and matches. For further details call 020 8440 9185 or www.oldfoldmanor.co.uk
As we are approaching the last few games at Underhill we still have a few corporate hospitality packages available. These include our renowned 3 course meal in the Directors’ Lounge with group packages starting at just £400 for 4 guests. Also if you are looking to promote your business locally or nationally we pride ourselves on offering a wide range of opportunities to suit all budgets and are just a phone call away to construct bespoke a package for you. For further information please call on 020 381 3811 xt 1034 or if you prefer email email@example.com.