Launching: London Bees Football Education Programme
The London Bees Football Education Programme will train at The Hive Football and Fitness Centre, which is situated in Edgware, Middlesex.
The facility is also the training facility of London Bees, Barnet FC’s First Team and Academy.
- Two Full Size 3G Pitches
- Grass Pitches - Gym Facilities
- Aerobics Room
- Spin Room
- Changing Rooms
- Cafe Onsite: Starbucks
Provide an outstanding football education model with identity, and every player has a personal plan, which helps them towards becoming the best they possibly can be with a desired aim to be an elite player and develop skills for lifelong learning.
Our mission is to discover and develop the potential within each player through engagement in their technical, tactical, physical, mental, academic and overall holistic development. To progress the London Bees Player Development Pathway and introduce education for players and learners ages 16-19. To Provide training and facilities for female players to develop their footballing ability for ages 16-19.
Canons High School
“Teachers generate high expectations by making students feel confident that they can all be successful. Lessons combine hard work and enjoyment.” - OFSTED 2013
The foundation stone of the high achievement of children at Canons High School is the fact that we get things right in supporting staff and families to support students. We know the importance of setting tough challenges whilst holding caring expectations for all who join our school and achieve this through knowing them well as individuals, both pastorally and academically. There are simple and clear rules for behaviour in classrooms and around the school that all staff use with great consistency. Our incredibly strong pastoral system, including a five-strong Behaviour Support Team, ensures that teaching and learning can take place unhindered whilst also tackling the root causes of underachievement. Coupled with this, our reward system ensures that students are regularly caught ‘doing things right’ in terms of both behaviour and academic progress.
BTEC SPORT & A Levels
Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Sport
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners who have completed this qualification in two years may progress to further learning at Level 3 with additional Level 3 qualifications. The qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by higher education providers as meeting, or contributing to, admission requirements for many relevant courses. Learners can progress to higher education on full degree single or combined courses, for example:
- BA(Hons) in Sports Development and Management
- BSc(Hons) in Sports Management
- BSc(Hons) Sports Business Management
- BSc(Hons) Sport and Leisure Management
- BSc(Hons) Sports Science (OutdoorActivities)
- BSc(Hons) in Exercise, Health and Fitness
- BSc(Hons) in Sport and Exercise Psychology.
EXAMPLE CAREER PATH
Sports Coach, Sports Development Officer, PE Teacher, Sports Management, Physiotherapist, Scouting, Personal Trainer, Psychologist, Strength & Conditioning Coach, Sports Media.
How to get involved
- Full Time education with progression options - Level 2 through to level 3 then progress to 4,5,6 at University
- Theory lessons take place at Canons High School
- Training takes place at The Hive London
- Learners will receive outstanding education support and guidance towards achieving and exceeding their personal targets
- Training sessions are facilitated by professional UEFA licenced coaches provided by London Bees coaching staff.
- Work experience within a professional sport/football environment
- Supporting the individual to achieve their career aspirations within sport and football while developing their football skill.
- All learners will be tested on their academic ability and provision offered for development of English & Maths.
- Enrolling now for 2018-19
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.