A member of our Elite Development Programme has been called up to a National Team training camp next month.
Central Midfielder Hristo Ivanov will travel to Bulgaria to join up with their Under-19 National Team for a training camp in Sofia.
It is yet another success story for our College Programme.
The Barnet FC Academy is recruiting now for our Elite Development Programme for the school year starting September 2018.
WHAT WE DO:
- Provide a full-time football programme at Barnet Football Club’s state of the art The Hive training and stadium complex.
- Coach players to an academy standard, with academy staff leading training sessions and matchdays.
- Multi-disciplinary provision given to players with analysis, strength and conditioning and position specific, including goalkeeping coaching, offered.
- Marry student’s football with a full-time education at Canons High School. Students attend the school every day and have the opportunity to study a variety of subjects.
- Student-athletes will be given an excellent education that will allow them to seek a variety of careers or further education options at the end of their second year.
- Student-athletes have the option to study a variety of BTEC diplomas, at Level 2 or Level 3. They can also study a wide range of A Level subjects across multiple departments. Both options are there to give the student a clear progression towards further education if so desired.
- Our partner school, Canons High School, is situated a mere five minute walk from The Hive, thus allowing players to travel easily between the two sites.
- Canons High School has been awarded ‘outstanding’ status by Ofsted. The club and the school are in close and regular contact, whilst we have members of staff dual-employed by both establishments who is based at the two sites. This way we are able to cast a constant eye over the student-athletes’ education, sport and welfare.
- The Barnet Football Club Elite Development Programme encompasses three squads, each training three times a week and playing matches once a week.
- Fixtures are played in three highly prestigious leagues. The U19 National Youth Football League, The U19 National League Youth Alliance and The Tactic League.
- These present a close link to academy fixtures, with matches against Premier League and Football League Development Programmes as well as National League U19 squads. The Elite Development Programme proudly boasts links with the Youth Team. Though by no means guaranteed, movement into the Youth Team is a possibility.
- The Elite Development Programme has even seen its players move into the U23 and first-team squads!
MONDAY: Education (hours dependent on timetable). Training: 15:30-17:00
TUESDAY: Education (hours dependent on timetable). Training: 15:30-17:00
WEDNESDAY: Matchday (All three squads partake in fixtures, played at The Hive or away) THURSDAY: Education (Thursday provides the players with a chance to rest and recuperate physically, and independently catch up on college work)
FRIDAY: Education (hours dependent on timetable). Training: 15:30-17:00