Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Match Report: Bromley 2-2 Barnet FC

13 March 2021

In a dramatic game which saw two penalties, two players sent off and four goals, the Bees were able to come back twice to secure a hard fought 2-2 draw away to Bromley.

It was a bright start from the Bees and they managed to get the first chance of the game after three minutes when Michael Petrasso played in Ephron Mason-Clark, who dragged his shot just wide. 
This positive start though was dented after eight minutes, as Liam Trotter gave his side the lead after Scott Loach had initially parried away a chance from the league’s top goal scorer Michael Cheek.
However, this lead only lasted five minutes, with Bromley being reduced to ten men after Joe Kizzi was sent off for pulling back Courtney Baker-Richardson in the box, who managed to convert the resulting penalty to draw the game level.
The Bees were dealt a blow before the 20-minute mark when Loach was forced off after falling awkwardly on his shoulder, being replaced by Aymen Azaze.
Despite this, the Bees were still playing some really good football, moving the ball around well and looking to exploit their man advantage, including Mason-Clark, who had a shot hit the side-netting.
In what had already been an eventful opening 35 minutes, the Ravens manager, Neil Smith, was then sent off. 
The home side hadn’t really threatened much in the half and a lot of this was down to the Bees themselves who were compact in defence, not allowing too much to pressure their goal.
The second half started with Bromley having most of the ball, but still unable to fashion a meaningful chance.
But with 15 minutes played in the half, the hosts were allowed to retake their lead when Liam Daly handled the ball in the box and Cheek converted the penalty from the spot. 
Nevertheless, Bromley’s lead just like in the first half didn’t last long. In fact, it was from the restart that Mason-Clark was able to get a cross into the box to set up Petrasso, who was in bundles of space and able to smash home to bring the game level again.
It was from here that the Bees really started to mount the pressure as they sensed they may be able to get a winner.
With less than ten to go, however, the Bees too had a man sent off when captain James Dunne was given his marching orders.
This though didn’t stop the Bees momentum as they looked the most likely to get the three points, including Petrasso being inches away from finding that all-important goal, with his shot just going the wrong side of the post. 
The sides played out the remaining minutes of additional time, with neither side able to create a winner, meaning in the end the points were shared and the Bees gained an impressive point on the road.
Barnet Team: Loach (Azaze 17’), Dunne, McQueen, Petrasso, H.Taylor, Richards-Everton, Baker-Richardson, Binnom-Williams, Mason-Clark (Faal 76’), Vaughan, Daly (Kefalas 65’)
Subs not used: McBurnie and R.Taylor

Advertisement block