Barnet Football Club




Keanu Marsh Brown became an instant hero as he scored an 86th minute winner on his Barnet debut to give the Bees a 1-0 win at AFC Wimbledon.

Barnet made one change from the side who drew 0-0 with Dagenham & Redbridge with Andy Yiadom replacing the suspended Barry Fuller at right back

With just over 100 seconds on the clock the Dons could, and perhaps should, have won a penalty when the ball seemingly struck Tom Flanagan on the arm.

Moments later the Bees were penned in once more as Harry Pell saw his powerful drive blocked before Stacy Long fired high and wide.

Yiadom, who is naturally a winger, was targeted in the early stages as a potential weak spot but after a shaky start to the match he performed well.

With five minutes played Jesse Darko won a free-kick that caused bedlam in the Barnet box when it hit David Stephens and bounced across goal for a corner.

The Bees first sniff came with 20 minutes played when Graham Stack’s long ball up field was flicked on by Jake Hyde and gathered by John Sullivan with Curtis Weston lurking.

11 minutes before half-time Jack Midson broke and charged at the Bees backline but his shot was tame and Stack comfortably saved.

One minute later a strong gust of wind gifted Barnet a corner as Will Antwi’s clearances span behind him. John Oster took the corner and it fell to Jon Nurse on the edge of the box but he volleyed over.

Darko and Jack Midson had half chances before the break and both Davids Stephens and Sainte-Luce were booked before the latter forced a save from Stack on the half-time whistle.

After the break Sainte-Luce had another chance when he creeped in behind Johnson and lifted the ball over Stack but Stephens got back to clear.

On 53 minutes Sainte-Luce was at it again as he seized possession from Flanagan and forced Stack into a low save.

In the first 66 minutes the Bees lacked pace, directness and a clear goalscoring threat. The introduction of Keanu Marsh-Brown swiftly changed that.

However, shortly after the ball was in the Barnet net as Chris Hussey smashed the ball home from 20-yards but the whistle was long gone for a foul throw.

With four minutes to play Marsh-Brown became an instant hero. The winger intercepted a loose ball, charged down the right and rifled the ball low past Sullivan.

Five minutes of time were added on but Wimbledon were unable to make it count as the final whistle sent the 716 travelling Bees berserk.

AFC Wimbledon: Sullivan; Hussey, Antwi, Bennett, Mitchel-King; Sainte-Luce, Pell, Meades, Darko; Long, Midson.

Subs: Youga, Balkestien, Jaimez-Ruiz, Moore, Strutton, Alexander, Yussuff. 

Barnet: Stack; Yiadom, Stephens, Flanagan, Johnson; Oster, Davids, Weston, Byrne, Nurse: Hyde.

Subs: Kamdjo, Kuipers, Gambin, Crawford, Beattie, Jenkins, Marsh-Brown.