Barnet Football Club



Barnet 1-0 Dartford

Barnet moved up to sixth place in the Skrill Premier following a 1-0 win over Dartford at The Hive on Saturday.
The only goal of the match came from Jon Nurse who scored with 31 minutes played after replacing the injured George Sykes.
It wasn’t all good news for Barnet however as Edgar Davids was sent off in the latter stages for a second bookable offence. 
The Bees made three changes to the side who beat Hayes & Yeading United last week with David Stephens, Luke Gambin and Jack Saville returning in place of Mark Byrne, Kieron Cadogan and Carl Fletcher. 
Barnet created the first opportunity of the match with three minutes played when KMB glided past his full-back before crossing to Gambin who arrived a fraction too late.
Despite starting on the front foot the Darts edged their way back into the match and with 14 minutes on the clock they almost took the lead when Elliot Bradbrook’s effort curled inches wide of the post. 
Seconds later they had another chance when Jim Stevenson played a low ball into the box that was blocked to safety by Graham Stack.
Three minutes later a beautiful cross from Edgar Davids found Ahmed Abdulla unmarked in the box but his header sailed into the hands of Phil Smith. 
On 26 minutes the Bees’ attacking injury woes got even worse as George Sykes limped off to join Harry Crawford, Dani Lopez and Marciano Mengerink in the treatment room.
Jon Nurse was the man to replace him and just five minutes later he opened the scoring when he connected with a KMB cross at the near post giving Smith no chance.
The final chance of the half fell to KMB who saw a shot blocked after he latched onto a neat through ball from Abdulla. 
Barnet continued to push in the second period with Davids’, Luisma Villa and Gambin linking well until the winger’s cross was blocked. 
With 63 minutes played the Bees should have killed the game but from close range Gambin was unable to hit the target at the back post. 
Barnet continued to push forward with Mark Byrne and Cadogan both shooting straight at Smith but they were forced to sit back in the final ten minutes after Davids was sent off for a second bookable offence. 
Dartford piled forward in the final moments of the match but Stack denied them a point when he tipped Lee Noble’s long range effort just over the crossbar. 
Barnet: Stack; Stephens, Saville, Yiadom, Davids; Abdulla, Weston, Luisma (Byrne 77); Gambin (Cadogan 71), Marsh-Brown; Sykes (Nurse 24).
Subs not used: Acheampong, Jupp.
Dartford: Smith, Burns, Bradbrook, Sterling, Essam, Harris (Dembele 87), Birchall, Martin (Collier 75), Noble, Clark, Stevenson.
Subs not used: Julian, Cornhill, Woodyard.