Barnet Football Club




Barnet were denied three points in the 95th minute as Jon Nolan volleyed home to earn Lincoln City a 1-1 draw at The Hive.

The Bees led through a stunning opener from Keanu Marsh-Brown who took on four players before rounding the keeper and thumping the ball home.

The away side responded well but Edgar Davids’ side looked to have weathered the storm to secure the points until the ball dropped to Nolan who fired past Graham Stack with the last kick of the game.

Lincoln were the better side in the opening stages as their noisy traveling support pushed them onto the front foot.

With just two minutes on the clock they had their first chance as Jake Sheridan pounced on David Stephens’ interception and shot wide.

Eight minutes later they found the time and space to shoot once more but again they failed to test Stack as Alan Power shot high and wide.

As the half wore on the Bees improved and with 20 minutes played they had their first sight at goal when Mark Byrne fired the ball over the bar.

Marsh-Brown remained a constant threat down the right but the Lincoln back line defended well and restricted the winger’s creativity.

Harry Crawford was selected ahead of Roberto Casabella as the bees went with two up top and he combined well with Jake Hyde on 40 minutes but the Skrill Premier’s top scorer shot just wide.

The Bees won a corner in added time but they were unable to make it count as the Lincoln defence scrambled the ball to safety at the third attempt.

After the restart the away side felt they should have been awarded a penalty when Stephens came together with Ben Tomlinson but the referee ignored their appeals and waved play on.

The Bees immediately countered down the left and a crisp pass to Marsh-Brown allowed him to evade the first challenge. He held off a further Lincoln defender and burst into the box before rounding keeper Farman and cutting past another defender before smashing the ball into the empty net.

Despite taking the lead the away side remained on top but as time ticked away it looked more and more likely that the Bees would hang on to claim the points.

Nat Brown and Bohan Dixon both went close in the closing stages but after the fourth and final minute if added time passed it looked like it was game over.

Play continued however and in the 95th minute Lincoln were level as a free-kick dropped to Nolan in the Barnet box and he fired past Stack.

Barnet currently sit fourth in the Skrill Premier table ahead of Tuesday’s match with Aldershot who are on three points having started the season with a ten point deduction. 

Barnet: Stack; Yiadom, Acheampong, Stephens, Johnson; Weston, Byrne, Crawford; Gambin (Villa 80), Marsh-Brown (Mengerink (90); Hyde (Abdulla 70).

Barnet substitutes: Saville, Abdulla, Jupp, Villa, Mengerink.

Lincoln City: Farman, Miller, Newton, Jordan (Wright 67), Boyce, Fofana (Rowe 83), Power, Tomlinson (Dixon 83) , Sheridan, Nolan, Brown.

Lincoln City substitutes: Wright, Rowe, Dixon, Foster, Gray.