Barnet Football Club




Goals from Jake Hyde, George Sykes, Dom Vose and Jack Saville gave Barnet their first win at The Hive Stadium as they defeated Hendon FC 4-1.
The match was originally scheduled to be played at Harrow Borough but a late switch of venue did little to dampen the spirits of the supporters.
The same cannot be said however for Hendon goalkeeper Mike McEntegart who gifted the Bees their second goal before being soaked by a sprinkler malfunction late in the second-half.
Barnet made a bright start to the match and with just three minutes played they almost took the lead when a Sykes’ header was cleared off the line.
Six minutes later Iffy Allen showed just why he’s training with the first-team as he jinxed his way past four defenders before being scythed down, the ball fell to Hyde and the referee waved play on but the forward fired the ball over. 
The Bees continued to dominate and with 17 minutes played they had a second effort cleared off the line when the impressive Allen shot past the keeper only for Carl McCluskey to clear the ball to safety.
The pressure finally told after 24 minutes when Jack Saville played a pinpoint ball to Sykes and he flicked the ball to Hyde who took one touch before smashing the ball into the net. 
The forward cemented his place in the Barnet record books when he scored the last-ever goal at Underhill against Wycombe Wanderers and his effort against Hendon is the first official Barnet goal at The Hive.
The Bees search for a second goal didn’t last long, Luisma went close with 18 minutes of the half remaining with a fierce 20-yard strike but it came in much more fortunate circumstances six minutes later.
Hendon keeper Mike McEntegart received the ball in acres of space but before he could make up his mind Sykes was upon him to tackle the ball into the net.
The home side were seemingly cruising but with one minute of the half remaining they were pegged back as former Bee Anthony Thomas headed past Nick Jupp to make it 2-1. 
The Bees made two changes at the break with Tanashe Abrahams being replaced by Ahmed Abdulla and Jamal Lowe replacing Allen who picked up a knock.
The second-half continued in the same vein with the Spanish duo of Luisma Villa and Roberto continuing to impress.
Sykes also continued to stake his claim for a place in Edgar Davids’ side and he dragged a shot just wide for what would have been his second of the match.
With 71 minutes played the Bees got their third through Vose who finished from just two-yards after a pinpoint cross from Jamal Lowe.
Hendon respond well and almost got a second but Issiah Rankin’s scrambled finish was ruled out for offside before Saville headed home the Bees’ final goal meaning it ended Barnet 4-1 Hendon. 
Barnet FC: Jupp; Abrahams, Saville, Browm, Vilhete; Vose, Roberto, Luisma, Allen; Hyde, Sykes.
Subs: Abdulla, Lowe, Marciano, Marsh-Brown.
Hendon FC: McEntegart, Horner, G McCluskey, C McCluskey, Duberry, C MacLaren, Cracknell, Leary, Louis, Thomas, Morgan.
Subs: Flegg, Bennett, K MacLaren, McCann, Deidhiou, Rankin, Close, Bowerman, Murray.