Barnet Football Club



FA Trophy: The story so far

Round 1: Barnet FC 2-1 Weymouth 

The Bees Buildbase FA Trophy campaign kicked off with a home tie against National League South side Weymouth. The Terras had enjoyed a successful season coming into the match and the Bees ensured safe passage into Round Two. 

Darren Currie played a very strong XI and his side made a flying start to the match as Josh Walker scored twice inside the opening 12 minutes. The Bees number 22 showed great composure in front of goal and put a firm foot in the hat for Round Two with his clinical finishing. 

Round 2: Farsley Celtic 1-1 Barnet 

The Bees were handed with a tricky looking tie as they travelled to Yorkshire to take on National League North side Farsley Celtic. The Celtic had a very strong home record at The Citadel and the Bees travelled there knowing it would be a tough game in tricky conditions.

Despite the difficult conditions, the Bees, as they did in the last round started quickly and took the lead through a well taken Simeon Akinola strike. 


However, the hosts levelled proceedings just eight minutes into the second half as Tyler Walton prodded home to get the Celtics back into the tie. Both sides created chances as the game went on and Simeon Akinola nearly snatched victory towards the end for Currie’s side. However, neither could find the elusive winner and we had to do it all again at The Hive London. 


Second round replay: Barnet 2-0 Farsley Celtic

Following on from the first clash, it was the Bees turn to host the Celtics as we looked to progress in front of our home supporters. The first-half was a cagey affair, where the Bees dominated possession but couldn’t breakdown a determined Celtics side who stood strong defensively. 

The second half was a different story, as Dan Sparkes free-kick gave us the vital lead on the night. Coincidentally Sparkes’ free-kick came exactly a year on from his memorable effort against Brentford! The Bees continued to pile on the pressure and were rewarded for their efforts as Josh Walker struck late on to send his side into the last 16. 

Round 3: Barnet 3-0 Barrow AFC

The last 16 of the competition saw the Bees take on National League leaders Barrow at The Hive London. The Bees came into the game against the Bluebirds in sensational form and they didn’t disappoint in this comprehensive victory. 

After a cagey opening 45 minutes, Currie’s side were rampant in the second half as they netted three goals in eight minutes. Cheye Alexander netted the opener as he fired home from inside the area, to notch his second of the season. But the Bee Army didn’t have to wait long to rise again, as Simeon Akinola delightfully used some great footwork, before slotting home to double the advantage. 

However, at 0-0 Scott Loach made an outstanding stop to keep the Bees level, which in turn saw them click into gear to begin to dominate the tie. 

It was then the turn of Josh Walker to get on the scoresheet as he notched the third and secure a place in the last 8 of the trophy. The goal sparked delight around The Hive, as many Bees fans began to dare to dream about the potential of a trip to Wembley. 

Next up we welcome Halesowen Town this Saturday (29th Feb) and we need your support for this big FA Trophy quarter-final. With tickets just one pound for Under 17s and £15.00 for adults, don’t miss out!! 

Secure your seat HERE