• Barnet make the long journey north this weekend to face Gateshead.
• The Bees are still unbeaten in the Skrill Premier having won against Chester and drawn against Tamworth in their opening two matches.
• They’re also yet to concede a goal after a 3-0 win and a 0-0 draw.
• Anthony Acheampong made his first league appearance on Tuesday night following injury and he could start after Jack Saville picked up a head injury midweek.
• Gateshead have had a poor start to the 2013/14 season losing two matches out of two.
• They opened their Skrill Premier campaign with a 3-1 defeat away to Kidderminster Harriers before losing 1-2 at home to Grimsby on Tuesday.
• Manager Anth Smith shot a warning at his players ahead of Saturday’s match stating that his star players must ‘start to follow orders or face the chop’.
• Gateshead were founded in 1889 but they reformed in 1877.
• They play their home matches at Gateshead International Stadium which has a capacity of 11,800.
• Rugby League side Gateshead Thunder also play their matches at ‘The Thunderdome’.
• Gateshead finished 17th in the Skrill Premier last season and will be looking to pick up points quick to ease any fears of a relegation battle.
• Gateshead are managed by former Sunderland defender Anth Smith.
• Smith made over 20 appearances for the Black Cats. He also had a loan spell with Hartlepool United.
• He departed Sunderland in 1995 to join Northampton Town but he made just four appearances before being forced to retire at the age of 24.
• Smith’s first venture into management was with Northern League side Chester-le-Street Town.
• In June 2012 he joined Gateshead and after guiding them to 17th place in the league he was rewarded with a one-year deal ahead of the 2013/14 season.
LAST TIME OUT
13th August 2013
Tamworth 0-0 Barnet
Barnet: Stack; Yiadom, Stephens, Saville, Johnson; Roberto, Byrne, Weston; Marsh-Brown, Gambin; Hyde.
13th August 2013
Gateshead 1-2 Grimsby
Gateshead: Bartlett, Magney, O’Brien, Clark, Tait, Chandler, Turnbull, Walker, Brodie, Boyes, Brown.
Goals: Turnbull 20
• Unfortunately there will be no Barnet Player Commentary this weekend. Following our relegation we are no longer required to provide the player service but we feel it is a must moving forward. The ISDN kit has been ordered but external problems out of our control have seen its delivery delayed until early next week. Apologies to all listeners but we hope to have live commentary from next weekend’s home match against Nuneaton.
• It isn’t too late to book your place on the Away Day coach, for more information or to book call 020 8381 3800.
• For ticket prices please click here.
•Supporters who cannot attend the match can follow the action via Twitter by following @BarnetFC who will be providing live updates throughout the 90 minutes.