Barnet Football Club



Match Pack: Barnet 0-1 MK Dons


The Bees were aiming to cause yet another cup upset, as they welcomed League One opposition again to the Hive, this time in the form of MK Dons.

It was nearly the perfect start for the Bees, when Ephron Mason-Clark pounced on a loose ball straight after kick off, only for his shot to be palmed away by Lee Nicholls in the Dons goal.

This lightening start continued for the National League outfit, with Michael Petrasso inches away from being one on one with the keeper, only for Richard Keogh to pull off a superb last ditch challenge.

Neither side were really having any meaningful chances, but the Bees were the team having the greater joy on the ball. Mason-Clark especially was causing a lot of bother to the visitors backline.

Just after the half hour mark, the Dons had a fantastic opportunity to break the deadlock when Regan Poole hit the underside of the crossbar.

This instilled some confidence in the League One side, as they began to take a foothold in the game, with Stephen Walker blasting just over the bar, after his side had broken in numbers.

The Bees were resolute in defence to hold off some late surges from their visitors to keep the scores level as they went into the break.

Just like the first half, the Bees tried to get off the mark quickly, this time with JJ Hooper, who was given space to shot from 25 yards over, but his shot went well over.

The game really picked up with just under 35 minutes to go. Anthony Wordsworth played in an inch-perfect cross, with it eventually falling to Mason-Clark who attempted an acrobatic effort after Muhammadu Faal had guided the ball to him.

About five minutes later, the Dons had a near effort of their own, when they broke on the left with the incoming ball being cleared away by Jerome Binnom-Williams, as the game became real end to end stuff.

Chances were really starting to pick up for both sides, as we entered the last 20. The visitors were inches away from curling in the opener, before Wes Fonguck glided in a cross which somehow just evaded Hooper.

James Dunne was unlucky not to score from range, when he was laid off from about 30 yards out, but Nicholls got down to hold the ball well.

However, it was the Dons who would take the lead, when former Premier League striker Jerome poked home with back of his heel, from close range, on 81 minutes.

In stoppage time, the Bees threw everything at trying to find that vital equaliser, even with Ben Nugent playing high up the field and could have easily scored himself but decided to play in Antonis Vasiliou whose shot was blocked and so it was the Dons who would advance to the next round of the FA Cup.

Barnet Team: Loach, Dunne, McQueen, Petrasso (Faal 57′), Hooper, Taylor, Fonguck (Vasiliou 80′), Binnom-Williams, Mason-Clark, Nugent, Wordsworth

Subs not used: Callan (GK), Pascal, Connors, Hernandez, Tompkins,