Barnet Football Club



Match Pack: Barnet 0-2 King’s Lynn Town


The Bees were looking to get back to winning ways after their four game unbeaten run came to an end on Saturday when they lost 3-1 at home to Bromley.

They certainly looked a side who were determined, when Anthony Wordsworth played a smart ball in for Michael Petrasso, who was clear on goal, only to appear to be taken down by Achie Mair in the King’s Lynn Town goal, but nothing was given by the referee.

However about two minutes later, it was the visitors who would take the lead, when Loza robbed the ball and drove into the Bees area, finishing into the bottom left hand corner.

The goal really picked the tempo of the game up, with the Bees having more of the ball and trying to carve out some goal scoring chances of their own, including Jerome Binnom-Williams who had a strong headed effort which went just wide from a corner.

The Bees were putting a lot of pressure on the Linnets, with some good link up play, but were finding it hard to break down a well structured defence, being limited to half chances and long range efforts, with Wordsworth having a shot blocked from about 20 yards out.

Hooper had the chance to bring the sides level with about ten minutes of the half left, when this time the Bees were awarded a penalty, but his effort was shot over the bar.

As the first 45 drew to a close, the Bees were continuing to press, but were having little luck in getting that vital chance to equalise, going into the break behind.

From the restart, chances were coming few and far between, with neither side committing too much in way of numbers, knowing the next goal would massively shift the pattern of the game.

Just over 15 minutes into the second half and the visitors had doubled their lead when Loza was played in and curled his shot neatly into the bottom corner.

Five minutes later a scramble in the Linnets area nearly saw the Bees get one back, only for Hooper to be denied from close range by Mair.

The Bees were continually pressuring their visitors, having a flurry of corners at one stage, but nothing was coming from it with King’s Lynn not allowing anything to get through.

The visitors were not offering much threat in the second half, other than the goal itself.

Matt Preston had a golden opportunity to half the lead with five minutes to go, after Alexander McQueen lofted a dangerous ball into the box, but Preston could only head the ball over from close range.

Despite having six additional minutes added on at the end of the 90, the Bees were unable to create anything more and fell to defeat.

Barnet Team: Loach, Preston, McQueen, Petrasso, Hooper, Taylor, Fonguck, Binnom-Williams, Mason-Clark, Nugent, Wordsworth