Barnet Football Club



Match Pack: Barnet FC 0-0 Hartlepool United

Barnet arguably started the better of the two teams and as Peter Beadle looked for a reaction, he almost got one after just five minutes, Michael Petrasso heading over from close range after he threw himself at Xander McBurines shot-turned-cross.
After Hartlepool’s Rhys Oates poked wide, the Bees were dealt yet another injury blow as McBurnie limped off with what looked like a hamstring injury. It was a shame for McBurnie who had made a bright start to the match. 
However, with possession equally shared Ephron Mason-Clark looked to break the deadlock when prowling down on goal, but after twisting and turning past the United centre backs he cut in and curled his shot just shy of the bar.
It had been a resolute first-half from the home side who had dealt with the limited threat of Hartlepool United, thus the Bees didn’t manage to test the Pools ‘keeper in what was an even opening 45 minutes. 
After the break, it was Peter Beadle’s Bees that had the first clear cut chance of the half, Petrasso again going close when his effort was saved by Henrich Ravas.
With an hour gone the Pools looked to be closing in on Scott loach’s goal, but the chances continued to be distributed fairly, both Tom Crawford and Mason Clark firing wide from range for their respective teams.
With 20 minutes remaining Barnet began to press Hartlepool in their own positive spell, Jerome Binnom-Williams powering a 20-yard effort over the bar, before David Ferguson should have done better for the visitors when his snapshot was comfortably collected by Loach.
Dave Challinor’s team, who lie seventh in the national league, continued to chip away at us late on and the Bees had a scare when Tom Crawford found a gap in the defence, only to shoot straight into the grateful grasp of Loach.
However, Barnet remained stubborn and with the leadership of James Dunne back in the team, it looked like they wouldn’t succumb to the pressure anytime soon. It was a gritty, determined and strong performance from the Bees and the clean sheet could prove to be the perfect tonic going forward into a busy period of matches. 

The Bees almost took all three points at the end as second-half sub Muhammadu Faal found some space in the area but his effort was saved by Ravas in the Pools goal. 

That would be proved to be the final chance in what was a game with few chances, but it was a step back in the right direction after a difficult week for the Bees.