Barnet Football Club



The Magpies came close after just three minutes when Kyle Wootton took a diagonal pass down on his chest, before firing his right footed shot off the woodwork.  

The hosts did take the lead in the 14th minute when Cal Roberts found time and space on the edge of the Bees’ box and curled a left footed effort into the top corner of Scott Loach’s net. 

And Roberts turned provider moments later for the home side by firing in a cross for Kyle Wootton, who stabbed the ball home at the second time of asking. 

It went from bad to worse for Barnet just shy of the 22 minute mark, Enzio Boldewijn this time finding the back of the net with a low drive from the edge of the box, after another assist from Roberts.  

And it could’ve been four just after the half hour as Roberts found space to cross for Wootton, only for the latter to blaze his shot comfortably over the bar. 

JJ Hooper put the Bees on the board in the final minute of the first half. The big number 11 found a yard inside the Magpies’ box and drilled his effort low into the bottom corner.

The Bees were buoyed by that late first half goal and started the second half the brighter of the two sides. Ephron Mason-Clark let fly with the first meaningful effort of the second half, seeing his dipping effort fly just wide of the County goal. 

The first chance of the second half for Notts didn’t come until the 67th minute, when Wes Thomas found himself on the end of a left wing cross, but powered his header wide of the mark. 

The Bees gave themselves a chance of a big comeback in the 75th minute. Good work from Mason-Clark released Josh Walker down the left wing and his cross-come-shot was parried into the path of Hooper, who tapped into the empty net. 

The hosts had the chance to put the result beyond doubt with 80 minutes played as a free kick found Connell Rawlinson at the far post, but his acrobatic header only found the side netting for Neal Ardley’s side. 

Peter Beadle sent Alfie Pavey on with ten minutes to play in a bid to find a dramatic late leveler, but Michael Doyle’s first time effort from the center of the box sealed the three points for the home side in the second minute of stoppage time.  

Barnet: Loach, Duffus, Preston, Dunne (C), McQueen, Hooper, Taylor (Walker, 70′), Fonguck (Pavey, 81′), Binnom-Williams, Mason-Clark, Nugent

Subs: Azaze, Pascal, Pavey, Walker, Vasiliou