Barnet Football Club



Match Pack: Woking 4-1 Barnet


The Bees were looking to get back to winning ways as they faced a short away trip to Woking. They certainly showed an intent to put things right, starting the game on the front foot, controlling the ball well.

Ephron Mason-Clark was the first to have a chance in the game, when Xander McBurnie drove through the midfield to play him in, pulling off a clean shot, which was needed saving.

However, it was Woking who would score first, two minutes later, when they broke quick from a free kick and Ferdinand finished with a volley.

Things got worse ten minutes later when the home side doubled their lead with Binnom-Williams heading into his own net, from a Woking corner.

Alexander McQueen had a decent effort on 21 minutes to halve the deficit, from a free kick, but his shot was held well by Craig Ross.

With 15 minutes of the half to go, the Cards were down to ten men. After being shown a yellow card for pulling on a shirt, Cooper received another one a minute later, after a strong challenge on Anthony Wordsworth.

The man advantage inspired the Bees to take control of the game, pressuring the Woking defence with a number of corners.

Binnom-Williams was looking to to put things right after the own goal and very nearly grabbed a goal when McQueen played a first time cross in and he just got a shot towards goal. This was before Wes Fonguck directed an effort just over as the visitors crept back into the game.

Though the Bees were having the majority of the ball, as the game got back underway for the second half, they were struggling to break through the compact Woking defence.

15 minutes into the half, the Bees showed their first real threat since the break, when Mason-Clark held the ball well to make space for a shot, which just went over the Woking goal.

Despite barely getting into the Bees half, Woking managed to get their third goal on 63 minutes from a corner, when Kretzschmar finished with a spectacular finish.

Wordsworth nearly nicked a goal with about 20 minutes to go when he managed to nod a header from a Bees free kick, only for it to clip off the post.

However, the Cards stretched even further in front with just under ten minutes to go, when Tarpey finished in the bottom corner.

Patrasso finished from the penalty spot as the game came to a close, but it was simply just a consolation goal, as they left the Laithwaite Community Stadium with nothing.

Barnet Team: Loach, Connors (Petrasso 55′), McQueen (Vasilou 78′), Hooper, Taylor, Fonguck (Faal 72′), McBurnie, Binnom-Williams, Mason-Clark, Nugent, Wordsworth