Barnet Football Club



MATCH REPORT: Barnet 0-1 Luton Town

The Bees went down to a single Luton goal on a scorching afternoon at The Hive.

In a game where the Bees dominated, Olly Lee’s strike midway through the second half was the only difference between the two sides, and saw Luton return to Kenilworth Road with all three points. 
Barnet started positively, Campbell-Ryce taking every chance to attack down the left flank.
In the first couple of minutes he was released by Johnson to cross for Vilhete for an early chance. 
Johnson again overlapped a few minutes later, crossing for Akinde to head just wide.
Down the other end, D’ath had a close range effort saved by Stephens following a mix up in the Barnet defence. 
It was a game of end to end football, but both sides failed to really test each others keeper. 
A fast break from the Bees on 14 minutes led to an Akinde shot testing the Luton defence. 
A defensive scare came Bees’ way on 22 minutes when Stephens’ miss kick fell to Vassell, but Stephens instantly made up for it by saving at the strikers feet. 
Weston then played Akinde through on goal on the 25th minute for the best chance of the match, but the striker was unable to beat Moore in the Luton goal.
A few minutes later saw Shomotun break down the left, finding Akinde who set Weston for a shot from the edge of the box.
The Bees looked positive going forward, with a new look starting 11 providing energy and enthusiasm. 
Bover had an effort from the edge of the box on 31 minutes, followed by a penalty appeal for an apparent hand ball from his second shot a few minutes later. 
Just before the half, Akinde again found himself one-on-one with Moore for another fine chance, only to have his effort saved in similar fashion for the second time. 
After the break the Bees continued to press, with Vilhete having the best chance of the opening exchanges when his header was saved from close range. 
Luton then took a bit more control and on 65 minutes Hylton set for Lee to curl into the bottom left hand corner against the run of play to snatch the lead. 
The Bees took time to regain their attacking momentum, two headed efforts from Akinde late on went begging as Barnet tried to get something from the game. 
Luton then put bodies behind the ball to see out the game as Barnet called up Jamie Stephens to join set piece attacks. 
On the full time whistle, the Bees had given it their all in a match they controlled the majority of.
The changes made by Nugent created plenty of positives to take into next weeks clash with Exeter.
Final Score: Barnet 0-1 Luton Town
Attendance: 3313