Barnet Football Club



Match Report: Barnet 2-2 Yeovil Town

Going into Wednesday nights home game against Yeovil, the Bees where under increased pressure to get their first win in five following a frustrating run of form. 
The Bees started strong, taking confidence from Saturday’s fine goal scoring, pressing forward and taking the game to Yeovil. 
Dominating the early possession stats, Barnet showed lots of desire to attack and press for the opening goal. 
Akinde and Vilhete did their best to link up in the final third, but their initial efforts failed to provide an end product. 
Akinde did put the ball in the Yeovil net on six minutes from close range, but the linesman quickly ruled it offside. 
The Bees continued to look bright, pressing high on Yeovil, but failed to really test keeper Krysiak.
It was an unforced error the broke the dead lock, when Clough’s miss timed back pass failed to reach Buchel.
Yeovil’s Ben Whitfield was quickest to react, intercepting to slot the ball past Barnet’s out coming keeper.
The Bees didn’t let their heads drop and continued to press.
Campbell-Ryce again looked sharp, providing moments of skill to try and release Vilhete in attack down the right wing. 
Ryan Watson did what he could to test the Yeovil keeper, forcing saves from 25 yards to spur the Bees on. 
On 28 minutes Vilhete broke down the right wing, laying off to Tom Champion. 
Champion found Akinde who’s cross for Akinola resulted in a Bees corner. 
From the set piece, Nelson and Watson managed to bundle the ball over the line for the equaliser, the Bees Skipper Michael Nelson claiming the goal. 
Barnet continued to turn the screw with Yeovil struggling to deal with crosses from wide areas. 
Akinde and Akinola both failing to make the most of several loose balls
All the stats were in the Bees favour going into the break. Kevin Nugent’s side looking the most likely to go on and win.
The second half started with more of the same, Barnet pressing at every opportunity – Watson firing wide from the edge of the area early on and Tutonda causing problems all over the pitch. 
On 54 minutes David Tutonda broke into the Yeovil box and was bundled down following his double effort on goal. 
The resulting penalty appeal was waved away by the referee much to the disbelief of the home faithful. 
The Bees had some defending to do as well, Tutonda recovering from 20 yards to break down a Yeovil attack on 60 minutes. 
On 68 minutes Akinola’s short range effort was well saved as the Bees looked for their second goal. 
Sadly that was to be Akinola’s last involvement of the night, as he left the field on a stretcher on 82 minutes holding his back. 
The Bees looked to have won it on 84 minutes when Ryan Watson’s free-kick from long range went in through a crowded area.
But sadly that was not to be as on-loan Swansea defender Shephard netted his first goal for Yeovil from close range to level in stoppage time and break Bees’ hearts.
The Hive crowd are yet to see a win under Kevin Nugent, as his side remain in 14th and winless in six games.
Plenty of positives to take from the game and into Sunday’s trip to Notts County – Kick Off 3PM Sunday 19th March. 
Full Time: Barnet 2 – 2 Yeovil Town
Attendance: 1525