Barnet Football Club



Match Report: Ebbsfleet United 3-0 Barnet

First half strikes from Myles Weston and Alex Reid sent the hosts into a two goal lead at the break, before Ayo Obileye wrapped up the victory for the Fleet. 

Darren Currie made just one change from the weekend as Mauro Vilhete came in for Charlee Adams in midfield. Harry Taylor also made it back to the bench after a recent spell on the sidelines. 

A cagey opening saw half chances for both sides as first Ayo Obileye headed wide for the hosts before Akinola saw his glancing header fall comfortably wide of the upright.

On half-hour the hosts nearly took the advantage as Frankie Sutherland’s long-distance drive was fumbled by Loach, but thankfully there were no Fleet players to follow up. 

The Bees struggled to get going in the opening half an hour and couldn’t find that killer pass on a quick pitch at the Kuflink Stadium. 

Subsequently, the Bees were punished as Myles Weston’s whipped in cross went all the way through into the back of the net to give the Fleet the lead. 

It was De Ja Vu from Saturday as the Bees conceded straight away as they failed to clear and Alex Reid picked up the loose ball to slot past Loach to double the advantage. 

Currie’s side trudged off at the break two goals behind and deservedly so with a disappointing first-half showing at the Kuflink. 

Five minutes into the second half the deficit was almost halved as Mason-Clark saw a shot deflect just wide of Jordan Holmes’ goal. Up the other end, Josh Umerah stung the palms of Loach with a long-distance strike. 

10 minutes later Vilhete was next to go close as his deflected effort went just the wrong side of the upright as the Bees looked to up the anti and bring themselves back into the game. 

Just 60 seconds later and with an hour on the clock it should have been 2-1 as substitute Josh Walker burst into the box but saw his effort saved by the legs of Holmes. 

The hosts made the points all but safe with 19 minutes to go as a long ball wasn’t dealt with and Obileye smashed it into an all but empty net to pile on the misery for Currie’s side. 

The Bees tried to respond as Pavey forced Holmes into a superb save after he brought the ball down in the box, the follow up was well blocked by The Fleet defenders. 

The Bees will have to respond on Saturday when they host Solihull Moors at The Hive London in Vanarama National League action.