Barnet Football Club



Match Report: Wycombe Wanderers 1 – 1 Barnet

A second half strike from Andy Yiadom helped Barnet secure a 1-1 draw against playoff chasing Wycombe Wanderers. 
The winger met a pinpoint cross from Elliott Johnson to equalise for the Bees in the 72nd minute.
Wycombe had taken the lead earlier in the match – Paul Hayes finding the net from close range with 58 minutes played.
But the Buckinghamshire side had to settle for a point, following an impressive showing from Martin Allen’s side. 
The Chairboys had the first chance of the match when Aaron Pierre glanced a back post header narrowly wide after ten minutes. 
Sam Muggleton responded with a low shot that flew wide of the right post three minutes later. 
An effort from John Akinde was deflected behind midway through the first period, before Bira Dembele headed a Yiadom corner wide of the right post. 
Barnet’s best chance of the half came when Michael Gash met Yiadom’s cross in the 37th minute – his header was turned behind by Wycombe’s keeper Ryan Allsop. 
Yiadom flashed a shot wide of the right post on 41 minutes, before Graham Stack got down low to save from Max Kretzschmar just before the break. 
The Bees began the second half strongly, and had a good chance to take the lead in the 48th minute.
Akinde burst down the right before cutting inside and pulling the ball back to Yiadom – Barnet’s captain got a shot away, but it was high and off target. 
It took two great saves from Allsop to keep the scores level, as the keeper palmed away powerful efforts from Akinde and Yiadom in the 57th minute. 
Barnet looked to be in the ascendancy, but it was Wycombe who took the lead. 
Michael Harriman’s 58th minute header cannoned off the crossbar, before Hayes scrambled the rebound over the line at the second time of asking. 
The visitors levelled things up with the next clear chance of the match – Johnson delivered a low cross from the left, which Yiadom fired home from six yards out on 72 minutes. 
Pierre headed a Wycombe corner at goal in the 80th minute, but Stack did well to keep his effort from finding it’s way into the back of the net. 
Shaun Batt could have won the match late on, but his shot was lacking power and was easily saved by Allsop in the Chairboys goal. 
Next up for Barnet is a home clash with Notts County on Tuesday night. 
BARNET: Stack, Pearson, Dembele, Nelson, Johnson, Yiadom ©, Taylor, Togwell, Muggleton (Gambin 62’), Gash (Batt 82’), Akinde (N’Gala 89’).

Subs Not Used: Stephens, Champion, Sesay, Randall.