Barnet Football Club



MATCH REPORT: Yeovil Town 2 – 2 Barnet

Two goals from striker Aaron McLean helped Barnet to a 2-2 draw with Yeovil at Huish Park.
The forward opened the scoring with a powerful free kick on 17 minutes, before firing a low drive past Chris Weale just before the break.
Yeovil responded in the second half, as a Francois Zoko double allowed them to take a share of the spoils.
McLean had the first chance of the match, when his turn and shot from the right side of the box was deflected behind after eight minutes.
Matthew Dolan responded for Yeovil with a powerful drive at goal – on loan keeper Ian Lawlor getting down well to keep the scores level.
The Bees had the best chance of the opening period with 15 minutes on the clock.
John Akinde headed the ball into the path of McLean – his shot beat Weale but was cleared off the line by Connor Roberts.
Barnet went ahead minutes later when McLean fired a direct free kick past the Yeovil keeper and into the top right hand corner of the net.
Shaun Jeffers’ 28th minute run and shot from the left was easily saved by Lawlor, as the home side pushed for an equaliser.
But Barnet doubled their lead on the stroke of half-time when McLean latched onto a Luke Gambin ball over the top to slot home his second of the match.
Gambin had the Bees’ first effort of the second half when his shot from the left flew wide of the near post on 71 minutes.
Yeovil pushed to get back into the game, and Lawlor had to stop Jeffers’ goal-bound effort using his feet, with just over ten minutes remaining. 
The Glovers pulled a goal back in the 79th minute through Zoko to set up a nervy finish for Martin Allen’s men. 
Zoko then struck a well-hit effort to pull Yeovil level in the 85th minute.
Next up for Barnet is a home match at The Hive against Crawley Town.
BARNET: Lawlor, Yiadom, Johnson, N’Gala, Dembele, Togwell, Weston, Clarke (Champion 45’), Gambin, Akinde (Nelson 82’), McLean (Gash 65’).

Subs Not Used: McKenzie-Lyle, Stacey, Batt, Lisbie.