Barnet Football Club



Pre Season: Barnet 2-1 Dulwich Hamlet

The Bees once again took to training pitch A at The Hive London and once again the conditions were scintillating as the lunchtime sun blazed down on the players. 

Peter Beadle’s side made a fast start to the match, looking to build on Saturday’s victory over Braintree Town and were almost ahead inside five minutes as the ‘keeper was forced into a good stop from Josh Walker. 

The pressure continued and soon we were rewarded as Walker netted for the second match in succession, he received the ball with his back to goal before turning and making no mistake with his finish. The strike force of Beadle’s side has been a huge positive of pre-season, with all his attackers finding the net regularly. 

Moments later it really should have been two as a dangerous ball from Wes Fonguck was met by JJ Hooper forcing the Dulwich keeper into an incredible save, before Walker’s follow up somehow didn’t drop into the far corner of the net. 

The Bees didn’t stop and continued to dominate their National League opponents, keeping nice possession and carving out opportunities. A deserved second soon followed midway through the opening 45 minutes, as JJ Hooper notched as he precisely turned home a cross from the right-hand side. 

We soon had the ball in the net again, but this time Hooper’s follow up to Walker’s parried strike was ruled out for offside. Up the other end, Dulwich rarely threatened in what was a quiet opening half for Bees stopper Scott Loach.

The visitors started the second half the brighter of the two teams and pulled one back as a swift counter-attack was well finished off by a Dulwich attacker. 

Beadle’s side looked to respond and restore their two-goal advantage as Ephron Mason-Clark made space for himself, but his shot was straight at the Hamlet ‘keeper. 

The second-half was played at a slightly slower pace, which was understandable bearing in mind the hot conditions at The Hive London, but Mason-Clark was a threat again all afternoon. This time he skipped past three Dulwich defenders before seeing his shot well stopped by the ‘keeper. 

The boss opted to give the majority of the starting players 60-65 minutes as all the boys looked to get more minutes in the legs ahead of the new season. 

The Bees went close again ten minutes from time as Hooper connected with a Trialist A’s delivery from a free-kick, but again the goalkeeper denied him. 

Beadle’s side will look to make it three wins on the spin when they travel to Dartford on Saturday afternoon. 

Barnet: Loach (Azaze 75′), Nugent (Trialist D 60′), Trialist B (Trialist C 33′), Dunne (Tompkins 75′), Hooper, Taylor (Richards 65′), Duffus, Trialist A, Fonguck (Vasiliou 75′) Walker (Pavey 45′), Mason-Clark.