Barnet Football Club



Report | AFC Fylde 1-0 Barnet FC

Barnet started brightly and had a chance to take the lead just three minutes in, Shaq Coulthirst knocking the ball down for Jack Taylor to strike but his effort hit skipper Callum Reynolds and went over the bar. 

Ephron Mason-Clark fired narrowly wide of the post before Jack Taylor had an effort blocked as the Bees ramped up the pressure.

However, with their first chance of the match, Danny Row smashed home a perfect low volley from 25 yards out, firing it into the bottom left to give the hosts the lead.

Barnet certainly weren’t out of it however, Dan Sweeney heading and Elliott Johnson free kick inches wide.

Coulthirst had an effort saved by Jay Lynch before a major turning point in the match 35 minutes in.

Sweeney was given a straight red card for a tackle in the midfield that is often seen as a yellow in most games.

Jack Taylor had a volley blocked by Crawford shortly before the break. 

Fylde started the second half the stronger, Haughton, Bradley and Rowe all having changes cut out and well dealt with by a resilient Barnet defence.

It was one way traffic for much of the second half, but the hosts failed to create many clear cut chances, whereas substitute Simeon Akinola fired wide of goal for Barnet.

Haughton curled an effort destined for the top left corner but it was well saved by Mark Cousins prior to Danny Philliskirk’s header being cleared from under the crossbar by Jack Taylor.

With less than 10 minutes to play, Cheye Alexander produced a good cross into Elliott Johnson who headed it down but there was no-one in a Barnet shirt gambling to get a touch. 

As the Bees searched late on for what would’ve been a deserved equaliser, Mason-Clark delivered a good ball through to Akinola who had a shot saved but he was flagged just offside.

Barnet – Cousins, Alexander, Johnson, Reynolds, Coulthirst (Tarpey), J. Taylor, H. Taylor, Boucaud (Robson), Elito (Akinola), Sweeney, Mason-Clark.

Unused – Matrevics, Fonguck