Barnet Football Club



Report and reaction: Barnet 1-3 Bromley

Barnet started with purpose and on the front foot and looked to extend their unbeaten run to five games after their FA Cup victory over Burton Albion.

Bromley had an early penalty shout waved away by the referee, much to the disbelief of the travelling side. But their disappointment was forgotten when they took the lead from a corner in the 13th minute. Joe Kizzi headed the away side in front with a clinical and accurate header. On reflection, the Bees will be disappointed with the goal from their point of view. 

Bromley quickly settled in the game and looked composed on the ball, whilst Barnet struggled to get their foot on the ball and get any meaningful possession.

Former Bee Mark Cousins was first called into action when new boy Anthony Wordsworth shot was deflected awkwardly towards goal but the Bromley ‘keeper did well to claw the effort round the post. 

Bromley then doubled their lead through James Alabi firing it into the top corner of the Barnet net. It was the least Bromley deserved after an impressive first half display. 

The Bees tried to get themselves back into the game before the break but struggled to build-up any momentum with their attacking intent. 

Both teams started the second half loosely, with neither side able to dominate possession. Bromley extended their lead just before the hour with a fine finish from Michael Cheek.

Bromley could’ve made it four when Frankie Raymond went through after a blistering counter-attack. On his 150th appearance for Bromley, his dink was wide of the mark.

Michael Petrasso got a goal back for the home side, with a great finish to beat Cousins at his near post. The goal gave the Bees a glimmer of hope, but they couldn’t find a quickfire second goal to really bring them back into the match. Bromley took the sting out of the game in what was a professional performance from the away side. Barnet offered little to get back into the game.

Substitute Alfie Pavey had a golden chance to pull one back, but his effort was saved by Cousins. That was the Bees final chance to get anything from the game as the afternoon ended with a disappointing defeat. 


Peter Beadle was disappointed with the performance of his side, particularly with the first-half: