Barnet Football Club



Report | Solihull Moors 2-2 Barnet FC

The Bees took an almost instant lead when Medy Elito won the ball back, played in Dan Sparkes whose low cross found Wes Fonguck who cut back superbly before finishing past Ryan Boot.

The first half was a tight affair, with neither team creating many clear cut chances.

Jermaine Hylton volleyed over the bar whilst at the other end, Shaq Coulthirst saw his strike blocked.

Midway through the first half, a superb piece of defending from Dan Sweeney denied Hylton as the Barnet defender managed to get back around the Moors forward who was racing down on goal, timing his tackle perfectly to clear the danger.

Darren Carter looked to curl one from range but was denied by a good save from Will Huffer who also managed to somehow palm it away from the onrushing Adi Yussuf.

Carter would hit a free kick just wide of the post before the half was out and Harry Taylor, making his first Barnet start in 14 months, was forced to clear Yussuf’s chip off of the line.

After the break, it took the Bees 11 minutes to double their advantage. A throw-in from Sparkes was not dealt with, Coulthirst raced in behind and scooped the ball over Boot from a very tight angle, a finish only a man inform could produce.

However, the game would swing in Solihull’s favour in the 67th minute. Ashley Charles, already on a booking, picked up a second for a clear trip in the middle of the park and Barnet were reduced to ten.

The dismissal lifted the home crowd and the Solihull players responded with wave after wave of attacks on the Barnet goal.

Tim Flowers’ men capitalised on the man advantage in the 73rd minute. After pinball in the Barnet area, the ball fell kindly to Nathan Blissett who poked up under Huffer.

Further chances for Stenson, Osborne, Hawkridge and Daly came and went.

In the 89th minute, Barnet broke on the counter, good work from substitute Ephron Mason-Clark on the right to keep the ball in play, beat is man and then deliver a cross for Taylor who shot at goal but his effort was saved on the goalline by Boot.

Then, in the fourth minute of six added, Kyle Storer powerfully headed home a long throw from George Carline which meant the Bees would head back to North London with just a point. 

Barnet – Huffer, Reynolds, Robson, Coulthirst (Mason-Clark), Sparkes, H.Taylor, Fonguck (Alexander), Elito, Tutonda (Harrison), Sweeney, Charles.

Unused – Cousins, Boucaud

Click here for Darren Currie’s Reaction.