Barnet Football Club



Salisbury 2-1 Barnet

Edgar Davids and Carl Fletcher were both sent off for Barnet who suffered a 2-1 defeat to Salisbury City.
Salisbury opened the scoring with 17 minutes played but the Bees hit back just two minutes later when Jake Hyde flicked the ball home.
The Bees were by far the better side after levelling but with just under 20 minutes remaining Fletcher received a straight red card and conceded a penalty which Jamie White dispatched. 
Barnet made five changes to the side who lost 1-2 to Luton Town with Jack Saville, Andy Yiadom, Luisma Villa, Kieron Cadogan and Jon Nurse being replaced by Edgar Davids, Carl Fletcher, Mauro Vilhete, Keanu Marsh-Brown and Dani Lopez. 
The home side made a bright start to the match and with just six minutes played Graham Stack was called into action to stop Stuart Sinclair’s powerful effort.
Four minutes later the Bees had former fans favourite Clovis Kamdjo to thank for keeping it level when he blocked the ball off the line after Salisbury forced two successive corner kicks.
With 14 minutes played Barnet applied some pressure of their own with three corners in quick succession that were well defended by the Whites.
Two minutes later captain Davids received the first yellow card of the match despite seemingly winning the ball.
From the resulting free-kick the home side took the lead as Ryan Brett’s long ball was met by Christopher McPhee who planted a header into the corner past the motionless Stack.
Salisbury’s lead lasted just two minutes as Barnet quickly countered with Marsh-Brown who burst down the right and crossed early to Hyde who flicked the ball over Willem Puddy at the near post. 
With 32 minutes played Salisbury should have taken the lead when Theo Lewis smashed the ball across the face of goal where Kamdjo was unable to connect.
One minute later Marsh-Brown almost punished them but he was unable to find the target from a tight angle curling the ball just wide.
Vilhete was next to test the Salisbury defence bursting into the final third before firing a shot at Puddy who was just able to turn the ball away for a corner.
Barnet continued to put pressure on the Salisbury defence but they were unable to breach it for a second time as the first-half ended Salisbury 1 Barnet 1. 
Neither side took control in the opening 15 minutes of the second period but Salisbury might have taken the lead on 59 minutes had Wellard been able to connect with a Kamdjo cross. 
Four minutes later the Bees were desperately unlucky not to score a second as a terrific through ball from Davids unleashed Marsh-Brown but his shot was saved and Hyde’s rebound hit the outside of the post.
With 73 minutes played Fletcher conceded a penalty and was sent off after bringing down Lewis who was played through on goal. 
White, who replaced Hart just moments before, stepped up and slotted the ball into the top corner to give Salisbury the lead.
Six minutes later the Bees were reduced to nine men when Davids was given his third red card of the season for clashing with Angus MacDonald after being blocked off by the defender. 
Marsh-Brown and Barnet continued to push forward despite having nine men and the winger almost levelled in the 87th minute when his shot hit the side netting.
Five minutes were added on at the end of the match but Salisbury kept possession well to run down the clock and secure a 2-1 win.