Barnet Football Club



Wrexham 0-1 Barnet

Barnet moved into fourth place in the Skrill Premier with a tense 0-1 win over Wrexham at the Racecourse Ground. 
Jake Hyde scored the only goal of the match with 12 minutes remaining as the Bees finally capitalised on a dominant second-half performance.
Wrexham outplayed the Bees in the opening 45 but it made no difference in the end as the Dutch duo made it four from four. 
Barnet made three changes from Tuesday’s win over Grimsby Town with the injured Luisma Villa being replaced by Kieron Cadogan with Dani Lopez and Mauro Vilhete dropping to the bench in favour of Charlie Adams and Elliot Johnson.
Wrexham made a terrific start to the match forcing Nick Jupp into a number of early saves.
Neil Ashton was first to test the former St Albans City goalkeeper firing a shot towards the near post before Jupp produced a stunning diving save to deny Danny Livesey after Jake Hyde shot wide.
With 19 minutes played Jupp was beaten by a Dean Keates’ free-kick but luckily for the Bees the Wrexham captain’s curling effort flew inches wide. 
The Bees missed Villa’s calming presence and incisive vision in the middle but Cadogan grew into the game as he half wore on and he almost got on the end of an Andy Yiadom cross with 25 minutes on the clock. 
Two minutes later the Bees had Johnson to thank after he cleared Andy Bishop’s header off the line to deny the Dragons who continued to threaten.
Barnet looked dangerous on the break and they almost took the lead against the run of play when Livesey almost put he ball into his own net from a teasing Adams’ cross.
The home side failed to trouble Barnet during the closing stages of the first-half despite having the majority of the possession with the Bees happy to sit back, absorb the pressure and keep the Dragons chasing with some neat passing. 
The second period was complete reversal of the opening 45 minutes with Barnet dominating from the restart to the final whistle.
The Bees controlled possession and were rarely troubled with Mark Byrne heading the first chance of the half over the crossbar. 
With 57 minutes played Adams was almost presented with a tap in but the away side scrambled the ball clear at the last second.
Seven minutes later Hyde was desperately unlucky not to open the scoring when his flick trickled across the line after stunning reaction save from Andy Coughlin. 
With 78 minutes played Barnet’s dominance paid off as Hyde converted a Yiadom cross in similar fashion to Tuesday’s winner against Grimsby Town.
Wrexham threw everything at the Bees’ back line in the final stages but Jupp commanded his box well as Landvreugd and Schreuder made it four wins from four.