Barnet Football Club



Youth Team hit double figures again

The Barnet FC Youth Team reached the first round proper of the FA Youth Cup on Wednesday with a thumping 10-1 win over Fisher FC in the final qualifying round.

Having already put eleven past FC Clacton in the previous round, the U18s continued their fearsome form in the competition to secure a home tie against Metropolitan Police, which will be played on the first team pitch at The Hive during the week commencing Monday 3rd November.

Nana Kyei had given the Bees the lead on 17 minutes after winning and then converting a penalty, but Fisher equalised with a penalty of their own just four minutes later following a handball in the box.

Prolific striker Mathew Stevens then put Barnet back in front shortly before the interval.

Following a first-half haul of three goals against FC Clacton in the previous round, Stevens went on to complete another hat-trick during the opening stages of the second half, with Ryan Gondoh notching another and Nana Kyei grabbing a second as Barnet effectively put the game to bed during a fifteen minute blitz after the break.

Fisher did recover some of their composure, but were forced to play with ten men for the final ten minutes when Joshua Robinson suffered a dislocated shoulder.

Having already made all of their substitutes, the hosts were powerless to stop another surge from Barnet, as the Bees hit another four goals during the closing stages.

Jack Taylor scored arguably the goal of the game when he touched past his marker before finishing from eighteen yards out following an excellent team move, before two substitutes in U16 player Daniel Cheema and striker Carlito Lawton made their mark.

Lawton was also involved in the final goal, putting defender Rupert Cole under enough pressure that he bundled the ball into his own net with the final kick of the game.

The Youth Team have now scored a total of 24 goals in the three qualifying rounds, and will be aiming to put on another show under the floodlights at The Hive as the competition hots up.

We will be bringing you further details on their first round tie against Metropolitan Police shortly.