Barnet Football Club



An eventful start at The Hive saw possibly the fastest goal in the National League this season within 15 seconds of the first touch of the ball. Danny Whitehead found the back of the net for Fylde as they opened up the game with a bang. 


Nearing 5 minutes in and the bees managed to pick up their speed when Armstrong had an effort from the edge of the box but just shot wide.


Idris Kanu whips a brilliant ball into the box but no one is there to receive it and it is quickly cleared. 


The 20 minute mark struck and a shot on the edge of the box from Collinge went narrowly wide – keeping Barnet behind.


Brunt took a brave shot from just outside the box but ultimately put too much power on it as it went over the crossbar.


Fylde had another incredibly close chance as Luke Charman made a run into the final third and made a good effort but Walker managed to get down to keep Fylde only one in front. 


Moments later, a free-kick for Barnet saw Hartigan get close to getting the equaliser as curved in a lovely ball but Max Metcalfe comfortably saved the chance.


The game continued in the possession of the home side as Pritchard sent a ball into the box but no one was able to get a solid foot to it as the ball deflected and was, eventually, cleared. 


Danny Collinge took another attempt as he looked to add to his tally of goals. The number 4 cut inside the box but sent the ball wide over the far post. 


The first half ended with Barnet behind and a big second half needed. A decent amount of opportunities in the first half could have put them in front but with Fylde up for the fight following the early goal. Barnet controlled the match as they were able to recover possession with ease when they lost it. 


HT: Barnet FC 0 – 1 AFC Fylde 


The first chance of the second half came following a ball into the box from Pritchard but Nicke Kabamnba struggled to get a foot to it as the ball was cleared by a Fylde player.  


The first substitution of the game welcomed Callum Stead to the pitch as Marvin Armstrong made way in the 58th minute. 


Adebola Oluwo went down with an injury moments later with Jerome Okimo coming on to replace him. 


A free-kick for Fylde got them into the box but the chance came to an end when a header landed into the hands of Walker.


Ligendza of Fylde was wrongly shown a red after being believed to have already been on a yellow. The red was revoked and he was shown a yellow but moments later the number 27 was shown a second yellow and a red as he was sent off for kicking the ball after the whistle was blown for offside. 


Barnet had an unbelievable chance not long after when a shot by Pritchard is saved late. The home side appeared to be back in control as an opportunity from Nicke Kabamba followed. 


It went level at The Hive as Callum Stead equalised for the bees. Stead was waiting on the edge of the box when the ball came his way and he sent it home into the bottom corner to get a foot back in the game with 10 minutes plus stoppage time to go. 


Pritchard nearly put Barnet in front when he took a shot from in front of the goal but the keeper was ready to deny the chance. 


The final substitution of the game saw Finley Potter make way for Sam Barratt. 


Barnet appeared on top as the game neutered the final 10 minutes of the match and kept fighting for chances in hopes of securing all three points. 


A wild few minutes in stoppage time saw Barnett pushing for a goal. A  free-kick on the edge of the box into Kabamba who hit the post with a chance from Sam Barratt following where Max Metcalfe made an incredible save to deny him a goal. 


Barnet got the goal they deserved after multiple chances with minutes remaining! …. After a series of crosses into the box, Kabamba finally got a foot to it and tucked it to put Barnet in the lead for the first time in the match.


The goal sealed the win at home and the three points. 


FT: Barnet FC 2 – 1 AFC Fylde


Barnet Starting XI: Walker, Hall-Johnson, Collinge, Armstrong (Stead 58′), Kabamba, Kanu, Pritchard, Hartigan, Oluwo (Okimo 60′), Potter (Barratt 83′), Brunt.

Unused Substitutes: Gillmore, Senior.

Goal: Stead (80’) Kabamba (90+7′)

Yellow: Hall-Johnson

Attendance:1164  (23 Away)