Barnet Football Club



As the rain stopped and the sun came out, Barnet got off to a positive start at The Hive, maintaining possession in the Maidstone United half.

The 21st minute saw a moment of magic from Idris Kanu, skipping past his defender and setting up a Nicke Kabamba backheel. Unfortunately, Barnet’s first shot on target of the game was collected by the opposition keeper.


Kanu continued to look like Barnet’s brightest player as the first half went on, often looking to cut in on his right foot after taking his man on.


The left wing-back’s efforts eventually paid off, with a cross in the 31st minute taking a deflection from a Maidstone defender putting Barnet 1-0 up.


Barnet then went 2-0 up with a half-volley by Nicke Kabamba. An Idris Kanu flick gave Harry Pritchard the space to shoot on the edge of the box, which rebounded back out to Kabamba to put away to add to his impressive scoring tally this season.

The Bees maintained the pressure, as a Zak Brunt shot from outside the box led to a scrap in the six-yard box, where Kabamba narrowly headed over the bar.


As half-time approached, Kabamba secured his brace. A Brunt through-ball in behind the Maidstone defence saw Kabamba able to tap the ball around the oncoming opposition keeper and slot the ball home into an empty net, putting the home side 3-0 up.

Half-time: Barnet 3-0 Maidstone United


One change was made at the restart- Danny Collinge came off for Connor Stevens. There was then a pause in play in the 52nd minute as Maidstone’s Timmy Abraham received a red card for a high boot on Reece-Hall Johnson, who received treatment for a head injury. Fortunately, he was able to walk off the pitch and was replaced by Jordan Cropper.


Nicke Kabamba was then substituted off for Gary Hooper as the 70th minute approached.


Three minutes after this, Dale Gorman made the scoreline 4-0 after his corner sailed straight
through to the goal untouched.


With eight minutes to go Finley Potter nearly made it five, with a good touch taking him to the
right of the six-yard box but dragging his shot wide across the face of the goal.


Barnet then saw the game out, securing their place in the next round in January.


The draw will take place at 15:15 on Monday live on talkSPORT2. The Bees will be ball number 24.


Attendance: 636 (126 away)


Match Reports


Barnet showcased their resilience and depth, despite a challenging outing against a determined York City side. From the outset, Barnet displayed ambition, with O’Donkor’s long-range

Read More »