Barnet Football Club



The Bees put six past local rivals Boreham Wood in our final game before Christmas.


Dean Brennan only returned with one point after travelling to Ebbsfleet last weekend. Idris Kanu goes to the bench with Reece Hall-Johnson joining the starting 11.


Angelo Balanta came close to scoring for Boreham Wood in the early minutes of the game when he had a shot from close range but a save from Laurie Walker denied the shot.


In the next minute, Reece Hall-Johnson was on the receiving end of a cross when his head met the ball and sent it wide of the goal.


Harry Pritchard came unbelievably close to scoring for Barnet around the 8 minute mark but a brilliant diving save from the Boreham Wood keeper somehow managed to keep it level. Oluwo managed to get his foot to the ball from the corner moments later but another save denied Barnet the lead.


Nicke Kabamba got Barnet the lead as the game entered the 14th minute. A ball from Hartigan presented Kabamba with a 1-on-1 which he calmly took on as he tucked the ball into the back of the net.


28 minutes gone and Barnet got their second. Danny Collinge with a pass to Kabamba as he seemed to be going for goal again with a cross that went across the face of goal but Harry Pritchard was there to slide in and get the ball into the back of the net.


The Bees had a chance to get their third with Zak Brunt volleying the ball towards goal from the edge of the box but the keeper did well to save it.


With three minutes to go of the first half, Nicke Kabamba made it three with a second goal to his name. The number 9 was faced with another 1-on-1 where he sent a powerful shot into the top right corner.


HT: Barnet FC 3 – 0 Boreham Wood


Boreham Wood went down to 10 men early into the second half with their captain, Jack Payne, being sent off after a foul on Hartigan.


Reece Hall-Johnson scored to get Barnet their fourth of the match as he sent it flying into the back of the net from close range. A cross towards the far-post met the number two who tucked it away.


The first substitution of the game welcomed Jordan Maguire-Drew for his debut with goalscorer, Harry Pritchard, coming off.


Just over 20 minutes to go and a penalty was awarded to The Bees as Nicke Kabamba got his hat-trick when he calmly tucked it away.


Jordan Maguire-Drew welcomed his start at the club with a strike that deflected into the goal from a Boreham Wood defender to make it 6 for The Bees.


FT: Barnet FC 6 – 0 Boreham Wood


Starting XI: Walker; Hall-Johnson (Cropper 70’), Coker, Collinge, Okimo, Gorman, Kabamba, Pritchard (Maguire-Drew 60’), Hartigan, Oluwo, Brunt.
Goals: Kabamba 13’, 42’, 69’, Pritchard 27’, Hall-Johnson 53’, Sass-Davies (OG) 74’

Attendance: 2,024 (278 away)