Barnet Football Club



Barnet fell short to a 2-0 defeat at Hayes Lane against Bromley in the quarter-final of the FA Trophy.


Dean Brennan made three changes to his side that faced a 2-0 victory at home against Rochdale on Tuesday with Callum Stead scoring a brace to send The Bees to second in the league. Ben Coker, Courtney Senior and Connor Stevens joined the starting XI with Jerome Okimo, Harry Pritchard and Adam Thompson leaving the line-up.


Bromley opened the game with a chance in the early seconds of the game where they then got another but found the back of the net and welcomed the opening minute of the match with a goal.


The home side had the next chance with a ball across the face of goal but Ben Wynter was there to clear the chance with a corner for Bromley.


A free-kick was given to The Bees in the 10th minute on the edge of the Bromley box after a foul on Courtney Senior. Hartigan stepped up to take it but hit the wall.


A few chances for Barnet follow with a cross into the box which no one was able to get their head to being the best of the bunch.


Bromley found the back of the net for a second time but the goal was disallowed for offside.


Callum Stead had the best chance of the game so far for Barnet in the 30th minute but the effort was blocked and went over the bar for a corner for The Bees.


Bromley looked close to getting their second when Olomola got the ball with a sharp turn to avoid the Barnet players as he aimed to tuck the ball into the bottom right corner but it went narrowly wide.


O’Donkor looked dangerous as he made a run into the box as he came one-on-one with the keeper but he was unable to find the target as he sent it across the goal and it was picked up by a Bromley player.


With two minutes till half-time, Barnet were given a free-kick on the edge of the Bromley box once again. The ball found the head of Ben Wynter at the back post but it just went wide.


HT: Bromley FC 1 – 0 Barnet FC


Brennan made a half-time sub with Nicke Kabamba coming on for Courtney Senior.


The Bees second change of the game saw Gatlin O’Donkor coming off for Luke Freeman.


The Ravens looked close to getting another with the ball looking like it was going to curl into the bottom corner but it went wide. Moments later they doubled their lead as Olomola made it 2-0.


Olomola looked close to getting a second as he skipped around Keeley but it went over the bar.


The final substitution of the game for Barnet was Dale Gorman coming on to replace Reece Hall-Johnson.


Bromley had a shot at goal but it went directly into Keeley’s gloves to deny a third.


A free-kick for Barnet on the edge of the box was taken by Hartigan but calmly collected by the keeper, Grant Smith.


Ben Coker delivered a cross into the centre of the box moments later but no one was on the receiving end as it was collected by Jordan Cropper past the goal as the players searched for another opening.


Olomola sent a ball across the front of the goal, however, Ben Coker managed to get his foot to the ball and direct it away.


Hartigan took a shot from distance with the ball going wide of the goal.


With three minutes of additional time, Barnet were unable to find two goals to bring the game back and bowed out of the FA Trophy.


FT: Bromley FC 2 – 0 Barnet FC


Starting XI: Keeley; Hall-Johnson (75’ Gorman), Coker, Senior (46’ Kabamba), Stead, Hartigan, O’Donkor (66’ Freeman), Stevens, Wynter, Cropper, Brunt.
Unused Subs: Walker, Armstrong, Matejko
Attendance: 2,557 (411 away)