Barnet Football Club



The Bees bounced back with a 2-1 in the north-east against Hartlepool United.


It took just two minutes for Brennan’s side to have their attempt on goal. Anthony Hartigan with a free-kick on the edge of the box which narrowly went wide of the post.


The Bees had the opener after just eleven minutes. Zak Brunt led the charge to the edge of the Hartlepool box before laying the ball into the path of Gatlin O’Donkor who perfectly placed the ball into the bottom corner of the net.


Barnet dominated the first half with Harry Pritchard, Callum Stead and Gatlin O’Donkor all having opportunities to double the lead before the 43rd minute.


A free-kick was awarded to The Bees on the cusp on half-time with the ball located by the Hartlepool corner flag. Hartigan stepped up and excellently found the far top corner of the net to give Barnet a two goal advantage heading into the break.


HT: Hartlepool United 0-2 Barnet FC


Brennan’s side started the second half strongly and had an opportunity to make it three nil when Hartigan’s free-kick was whipped into the box. The Hartlepool defence did well to head the ball clear of danger.


Hartlepool had their best chance of the game minutes later as a headed attempt from yards out went wide of the post.


The Pools came close again but a strike from the edge of the box was well blocked by Ben Wynter.


Dean Brennan replaced Reece Hall-Johnson with Jordan Cropper on the hour mark and brought Nicke Kabamba on for Gatlin O’Donkor ten minutes later. Brennan’s final change came with 15 minutes left on the clock as Jordan Maguire-Drew came on for Harry Pritchard.


Josh Keeley was also forced into making two great saves to keep the score 2-0 going into the final stages of the second half.


The home side did get a goal back at the end of the game but it wasn’t enough to stop The Bees going home with all three points.


Barnet are back in National League action on Tuesday (12th March – 19:45 KO) evening against Rochdale at The Hive before travelling to Bromley on Saturday 9th March (15:00 KO)in the FA Trophy Quarter-Final.


FT: Hartlepool United 1-2 Barnet FC


Starting XI: Keeley, Hall-Johnson (Cropper 59′), Coker, Okimo, Stead, Pritchard (Maguire-Drew 75′), Hartigan, O’Donkor (Kabamba 70′), Wynter, Thompson, Brunt

Unused Substitutes: Armstrong, Stevens

Yellows: Keeley, Hall-Johnson

Goals: O’Donkor 11′, Hartigan 44′


Attendance: TBC