Barnet Football Club



Late comeback sees Nicke Kabamba’s 50th Barnet goal to earn a point on the road in 2-2 draw.

Barnet got off to a bright start at York Road, with a one-on-one a minute into the game through
Callum Stead, though a heavy first touch let the opposition keeper make his first contribution to
the game.

The sixth minute saw another goalscoring opportunity when a looped ball over the top nearly
gave Nicke Kabamba the chance to score his 50th Barnet goal, but shot was a touch too weak
and was again collected by the keeper.

This gave the Barnet number nine a taste for goal, narrowly dragging a shot wide two minutes
later as The Bees gained momentum.
In spite of this, Maidenhead’s Jayden Mitchell-Lawson put the home side in the 8th minute, after
Josh Keeley was caught off his line, finishing past Danny Collinge who failed to stop the shot on
the goal line.

The game then fell into a lull until the 26th minute, where Callum Stead’s slaloming run let him
have a shot just outside the six-yard box, but the keeper made his third save of the game.

Five minutes later and the home side had another chance as a free-kick found Remy Clerima
who headed just wide.

The linesman then gave Barnet a lifeline a minute later, as a shot from Ashley Nathaniel-George
looked to be going in before being hammered home by Tristan Abrahams who was in an offside

A Barnet corner soon after gave Maidenhead a breakaway, giving them a two-on-one against
Adam Thompson, who luckily for the away side fired clear for a corner.

Half-Time: Maidenhead United 1-0 Barnet

Barnet then got off to a shaky start to the second half, forcing a clearance from Adam
Thompson to prevent a Maidenhead shot from close range.

The Bees then had two successive chances in the penalty area, first for Stead and then for Zak
Brunt, but the Maidenhead defence managed to keep them out.

Down the other end a Magpies corner found a black and white shirt in the box, but was headed
over the bar.

The home side then doubled their lead in the 56th minute, after a lovely combination was
finished at the back post by Reece Smith when a pass came across the face of the goal.

Dean Brennan then made the first two substitutes of the game, replacing Ben Coker and Zak
Brunt with Harry Pritchard and Idris Kanu, with Pritchard making his 100th Barnet appearance.

Kanu, having just come back from injury, gave some energy to the Barnet fans who have
missed the 24-year-old’s directness.

The added atmosphere gave the Barnet players a boost as they found a goal as Stead flicked in
a loose ball at the back post after a corner to make it 2-1 in the 71st minute.

The 73rd minute gave Kabamba another opportunity after wrong-footing the defender inside the
box, but dragged the shot wide as The Bees chased the lead.

Barnet’s momentum carried on, winning two successive corners that they threatened with.

Maidenhead then had the opportunity to make it 3-1 in the 82nd minute with a free shot inside
the box, which was then saved by Josh Keeley.

Jordan Cropper then replaced Reece Hall-Johnson with four minutes to play, and had the
chance to put one of his classic long throws in the box looking for a Barnet head.

After giving five added minutes, a penalty was given for Barnet, which was converted by Nicke
Kabamba, marking his 50th Barnet goal and another comeback this season.

The referee then called full-time, earning The Bees a point away from home.

Full Time: Maidenhead 2-2 Barnet