Barnet Football Club



Woking claimed all three points after a goal from Kevin Berkoe secured a 1-0 win for the home side.


A physical start to the game, Woking’s Alfie Pavey picked up the match’s first yellow after a clash with Adam Thompson in the 3rd minute.


Barnet’s first half-chance came a minute later, with Callum Stead’s run advancing to a promising position, but the cross was too heavy for Reece Hall-Johnson to get on the end of.


The home side responded well though, with a Jermaine Anderson ball across the face of the goal narrowly missing Pavey.


Woking then picked up their second yellow in the 16th minute, this time after a tackle on Ben Wynter by Jayden Luker.


After a run down their right-hand side, Dan Moss cut a ball back towards the penalty spot, with a vital Anthony Hartigan touch allowing Josh Keeley to claim it.


The first corner of the game then went Woking’s way, which was taken quickly and cleared for another.


A Ben Wynter clearance fell to a red shirt on the edge of the box, but the volley was hit wide.


In the 38th minute, Jerome Okimo nearly scored a goal-of-the-season contender. After the ball was looped high it dropped to him 30 yards out, with Okimo catching it on the volley, forcing an acrobatic save by the opposition goalkeeper.


As half-time approached, Barnet’s Zak Brunt picked up the fourth yellow card of the game.


In the 43rd minute, centre-back Timi Odusina looped another ball across the face of the goal, where Pavey found the ball but failed to hit the target, keeping the match goalless going into the break.


As the fourth official indicated two minutes would be added at the end of the half, Barnet received a promisingly placed free-kick to the left of the Woking penalty area.


Taken by Jordan Maguire-Drew, the whipped cross found an opposition player, sparking a counter-attack that the
home side gained a corner from.


The in-swinging cross was then claimed by Josh Keeley as the referee blew for half-time.


HT: Woking 0-0 Barnet


The second half opened with another yellow card, this time for a late foul on Gatlin O’Donkor. The following free-kick was taken by Hartigan, drilled towards the near post but went out for a goal kick after hitting Okimo.


A spell of possession in the final third eventually led to a Barnet corner in the 57th minute. After some scuffling in the box, Hartigan put another ball into the near-post, but the cross failed to find a Barnet player.


Three minutes later, Woking found the opener. Eventually put away by Kevin Berkoe, the ball ended up in the back of the net after pinballing around the six-yard box, making the score 1-0.


The 67th minute saw the first substitutes of the game as both Dale Gorman and Nicke Kabamba came on for Hall-Johnson and O’Donkor.

A quick transition in the 80th minute nearly doubled Woking’s lead, with a cross into Pavey narrowly headed over the crossbar.


Barnet then made their third change, bringing Maguire-Drew off for Danny Collinge.


In the 82nd minute, Barnet had the ball in the back of the net but it was called offside, with Nicke Kabamba converting a Ben Wynter cross.


Another pinpoint Wynter cross came with three minutes to go, finding Stead whose header went over the bar.


Full Time: Woking 1-0 Barnet FC