Barnet Football Club


Match Report | Woking 1-1 Barnet

Laurie Walker’s double penalty save and Harry Pritchard’s stunning finish secured a point on the road against third placed Woking for The Bees.


It was a dominant first half from Barnet. It took just three minutes for The Bees to have their first attempt at goal. Harry Pritchard had his shot saved from a tight angle to deny Barnet the early lead.


It wasn’t long before Harry Pritchard did score the opener. Some excellent play from Ryan De Havilland, Jordan Cropper and Nicke Kabamba in and around the Woking box set-up Harry Pritchard who curled a stunning effort from outside the penalty area into the top corner of Craig Ross’ goal.


Woking almost found themselves in a one-on-one position if it wasn’t for an excellent block by Jerome Okimo.


Idris Kanu came close to doubling The Bees lead on the half hour mark. The winger sent a curling strike towards the top corner of the goal before Ross made an excellent one handed save to deny Kanu.


Ross was called into action again moments later when Nicke Kabamba went through on goal. Kabamba’s close range strike was well saved by the Woking keeper. 


Despite the dominant first half, Woking came inches away from levelling the score before the break. A corner was flicked over everyone and was destined to drop into the back of the net before Nicke Kabamba cleared the danger off the line.


HT: Woking 0-1 Barnet


It took the hosts just four minutes into the second half to level the score. Rhys Browne with an excellent solo goal from the edge of box undone all of The Bees hard work from the first half.


The Woking pressure continued as Laurie Walker was forced into an outstanding save from close range to keep the score level.


Dale Gorman almost scored a goal of the season contender when his half-volley from way outside the box came crashing off the crossbar. Harry Pritchard headed the follow up over the bar but it would not have counted as the linesman flag went up for offside. 


Woking were then awarded a penalty after Dom Revan made a foul inside the box. Rhys Browne stepped up to take it but was denied by Walker who dived the right way at kept the score 1-1. 


Woking got themselves in another strong position to score the winner. Emmanuel Fernandez was there this time to put in a great block to deny the hosts again. 


In the 90th minute Woking were yet again awarded a penalty for what the ref deemed to be a foul committed by Danny Collinge. Rhys Browne stepped up again and went the opposite way he went for his first penalty attempt. Laurie Walker guessed correctly again and made a magnificent diving save to win The Bees a point. 


That point extended Barnet’s unbeaten run to 5 games. Next up is our Isuzu FA Trophy Semi-Final away at Gateshead (Saturday 1st April, 15:00 KO).


Barnet Starting XI: Walker, Fernandez, Collinge, Okimo, Gorman (Senior 78′), Kabamba, Kanu, Pritchard, Wynter (Woods 61′), Cropper (Revan 70′), De Havilland

Unused Substitutes: Powell, Moyo

Goal: Pritchard 14′


Attendance: 3,069 (346 away)